Handmade Altered Book Journal: a peek into my store!

I've gone back and forth in my mind whether or not to add a bit of my handmade shop business to my blog.  I'm going to be honest-I've seen blogs that are ALL about business. Pitching products, link-ups, etc.  And for some gals, it totally works and they rock their product pitches like nobody's business.  But, I like to stick to things that are closer to my heart.  With all that said, my little handmade business, Sunshine by Sara, IS close to my heart. And so, I think I'll start sharing bits and pieces with you every so often.  I hope you'll enjoy the heart view and not mind too much. :) 
One of the new ideas I had for the shop was to create altered book journals. I just love a good journal.  I don't quite know what it is, but there's just something about jotting down frustrations, fears, prayers, dreams, and delights in writing.  It stays, sticks, and reminds us of the incredible journey our sweet God has placed our feet on.
I have a new, dear friend.  I only met her a couple of months ago but we were instant friends.  "Bosom Buddies" (As Anne, of Anne of Green Gables puts it-"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know a

kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul.  I've

dreamed of meeting her all my life.  I never really supposed

I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true
all at once that perhaps this one will, too.  Do you think
it's possible?")

She ordered an altered book journal from me and I was so, so excited to create it for her!  We like a lot of the same things, so I quickly gathered a stack of pictures that included cows, vegetables, gardening, flowers, cakes and pies, a vintage cowgirl-you know, the good life.
This is how it turned out. This is a picture of the front cover.  I'm just delighted with it.  I enjoyed the process of making this so much!  It was fun at it's finest.  

If you'd like to purchase a custom altered book journal, 
message me at sunshinebysara@hotmail.com

*You can see more of my shop by searching Sunshine by Sara on facebook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.