The rosy list #3

Things I feel behind on currently: texting people, housecleaning, hobbies

Things I don't understand in life (stressful, hard, sad): a list too long to say

Things I know I'm doing my best at/am grateful for: loving Jesus, loving people in both small and big ways, making happy memories with my family, my extended family's group chat on FB, taking care of my health and also exercising, being librarian at two schools, finishing grad school (in a month!) 
So here it is: the shiny bits of life lately.  Considering how much time the girls and I have spent browsing old blog posts this weekend, I'd say this is good medicine.

Captured by Brett, probably talking his ear off. We tried War Eagle craft fair for the first time.

Took one delicious bite of this smoked turkey leg! 
Found the jacket of my dreams at Target!! I have wanted a quilted jacket for a couple of years. Ok, so this one isn't actually quilted, but I love it all the same.

Quick nails! These are stickers. My sweet friend at work introduced me to these! They are perfect for when you don't have a lot of time. 
When I say I'm gluten, dairy, and sugar free what I mean is I eat sugar in small doses. :) :) 3 or 4 of these with a cup of afternoon coffee is such a treat! Aldi does it again.
This cat annoys me. But the photo op was cute at least. 
Favorite way to decompress-a dark room, candles, and quiet.
We still have garden peppers and and Brett has been making the most delicious food EVER with them. Kind of like a gumbo marinara sauce. We eat really, really well on the weekends here because Brett cooks.  I'm a pretty decent cook, but just don't have a lot of time.
We discovered a new bug! This is a wheel bug. Super cool. My students enjoyed looking at this picture too. :)
Another day, another outfit pic. These pants are a size too big and so I was pulling them up all day and there is no worse feeling when you're bending down, chasing after kindergarteners to have to be tugging at your pants. (lol)

A pocket full of pom-poms for my younger friends.
I really like these jumpsuit things. I can't remember what they're called. Anyway, I tried this on just because I could.  It was super comfy.  But at $60 and that light color, it was a no.  Do you have items of clothing you don't know why you like, you just do? It's this for me. 
5 THINGS LEFT TO FINISH (OK, 4 NOW) BEFORE I GRADUATE with my Master's Degree.  Yes, that deserved all caps.  Yes, I will be shouting or crying for joy (or both) when I officially graduate December 11th. 
TJ Maxx try on! I got this sweater and like it a lot. 
As much as I liked these pants I told myself I couldn't get another pair of black and white checked pants. :) But they were so cute! 
Funny shadows!
New to me bracelet purchased on a fun day out with my family.
I can't imagine living somewhere that wasn't close to the water.
This is the real life, exhausted look of me pushing through the tiredness to work on grad school.  I actually think I will graduate with a 4.0.  
Reminders to myself.
Another sweet friend of mine (I have a lot between two schools!) found this birds nest and I thought it looked so lovely in the rain. Also, these Docs are tied with my Vans (or maybe have even beat them) for the most comfortable, versatile shoe ever.  I'm now a Docs fan for life.
The view outside one of my schools. :)

Two looks. One day. 
This was a hard day. But at least I had something on that I liked. That always, always helps! 

I picked a bunch of persimmons. 


The beautiful, early views at War Eagle! It was our entire family's first time to go! We were done by 11:30 or so and the traffic to get in was backed up for MILES and miles. So I definitely recommend going early!
This made me think of one of my fashion heroes-Iris Apfel. 
The girls couldn't believe we let them get a giant corndog. YOLO people!
Blue skies, mask free, and a bit of lipstick on. A rare thing!
These photos were taken with my Nikon. Yesterday we got home and the sun was just glorious.  I grabbed my camera and spent about a half hour wandering around the yard.  It was wonderful! 









Saying goodbye to the last of the flowers.






These photos make me exhale with a big, happy sigh.  The girls were outside with me while I was taking these.  I've said it before and I'll say it again-together is my favorite place to be. :)  

I'll end today with a quote that sums me up right now-
"What I really want to do is be a representative of my race, of the human race. I have a chance to show how kind we can be, how intelligent and generous we can be. I have a chance to teach and to and to love and to laugh." -Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.