Hello again. Spring so far!

Hi all! How's your spring been so far?  You know, a few of you will randomly tell me that you read the blog and I want to give my five millionth thank-you.  :) May I encourage you to snap some pics during your days of things that make you smile or feel joy inside?  Then (and this is the most important part) take a walk down memory lane once a week or so, looking at all the good that really did fill your week. 

I don't know about you, but my brain actually automatically wants to replay the hard, the stressful, the disappointing.  I get pegged a lot for being positive. I always think people would be stunned to know that I'm not automatically like that, I work hard at it.  Incorporating these little rituals in my life really does make me feel like a rosier person, able to see and feel the positive.  Now for a look at what's filled my life with GOOD lately. Starting with this protein smoothie I drove across the street to get randomly one day at work.  It was absolutely delicious!

One afternoon I gave myself 10 minutes on the couch in between studying and cooking dinner.

Morels!! Brett and Betsy found 15 one day and then the girls and I found another handful a few days later. 

A delicious dinner! Salmon with my favorite sauce and roasted veggies.  We eat salmon at least once a week and the kids really like it too.  My sauce is: coconut milk, grainy mustard, garlic, honey, lemon or lime juice (can't remember which one), and a bit of fish sauce. 

Spotted on a walk with my school kids.

Buying fresh eggs from my sister is SUCH a treat!!
Anna has discovered the Nancy Drew series and Brett found a whole box of them for her! She has been in heaven!


Fun with Brett. :) He snapped these on a date night!



Outfits I liked! I hear skinny jeans are out and I just laugh.  They are still my favorite type of jean! I think the young people making these "rules" and proclamations must not realize that those of us nearing 40 or older care less and less each year what other people think.  At least I do! I just wear what I want. :)

I finished another grad school semester!!!!! Two more classes to go!!
WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I will have ZERO chill about finishing this.
Nails last week!
I snapped this at our local public library, which is open with no appointments even needed anymore.  I don't think the thrill of getting to go somewhere will ever, ever be lost on me again in my lifetime after last spring.  I can also say the same about a day at home.  I have learned to lean in to those in a way I won't ever get over either.  Both are good.

Working away on my health!

These are the morels, fried in Irish butter. OH MY WORD.  I rarely have to make myself stop eating something because they are just SO good, but with these I did!

Blue skies and spring! 

I made a couple of these salads last week and they were delicious! Those are anchovies on top too.  
Do you like those?

Oh, and by the way it snowed last week. What in the actual world?! 

I made peanut butter stuffed, chocolate covered dates last week. I like to eat one or two in the afternoons if I'm feeling hungry before dinner time.  

Just a pile of happy little things in my craft room.  I haven't been creating much at all lately, but with everything else I'm keeping up with that's ok.  However, it is my happy place! I'm going to try to create more over the next few weeks.  I printed these paper designs out on Illustrated Faith and had fun creating with them in my art journal.  They are by Brandi Kincaid I believe, a favorite illustrator of mine!

Cat love. 

We have greens in the garden! 


Grandma and Papaw brought the most beautiful box of flowers on Easter for everyone.


Reunited and it feels so good! We finally got to all be together for Easter!!!

My mushroom seekers and finders.  


Priceless!





The girls and I have been having the best times together. I love the older ages so much!  I don't blog about them a lot and that's on purpose.  It's their life and not mine to share.  But I do like sharing a picture or two of them every now and then. 


Bananas.
This turmeric latte made with oat milk is divine!! I make it with a mix...
I might even make one after typing this.  It's so delicious. I've been trying to cut out my afternoon coffee and this is a good substitute.  

Peace on a Friday night and celebrating making it another week.  I'm counting down the days until this Covid school year is over.  
A delicious Saturday morning breakfast that will last me until dinner most likely! 

This morning we had the best time sitting around the table, Brett and I playing old music from the 90's and the girls rolling their eyes because they just don't get it.  
How are you, truly?  I'm trying to remain positive and inspired for the rest of the school year, working on some major things with my health, reading through stacks of books, looking forward to so much this spring and summer......and mostly day by day finding the joy and light that always gets in. 

Oh! And Maverick City Music has a new album coming out on the 30th and their music means so much to me. You should check them out!

What is bringing you joy?  I'll add, cutting way back on the news and social media and really leaning in close to the actual people in my world always fills me right back up.  :)

'Till next time, I hope you find some pockets of light and joy along your path! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.