Another week of savoring the rosy.

Not sure who I've turned in to blogging again this quickly! Time is on my side more than it usually is, thanks to this grad school break.  I am enjoying being able to choose what I do with my free time. :) 

The light changed last week.  I always notice it in both fall and spring.  It's never on a certain day and I can't really even put the exact feeling into words.  I just know at least twice a year I stand in the kitchen, looking out over the dining room and think how different the light feels.  The change, glorious. 

With spring and summer, come many of my favorites including making an iced coffee! One afternoon I mixed this turmeric latte powder into my iced coffee and it was delicious. 

She found a turtle! 
We have greens (and plenty of weeds, lol) in the garden! We have been eating so many bowls of salad and I never tire of it.  We make our own salad dressing with evoo, stone ground mustard, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and red wine vinegar.  It takes only a minute or two and we make a big batch at once to keep stored in the fridge. 


I've been painting and creating again! 


The sky was so very pink one evening.  I left the laundry and went outside to admire it instead. 


Been working hard on my health and also treated myself to a new water bottle sticker. 
Having fun learning and playing around with the Apple pencil on the iPad! 

Documenting the outfits I like. 
Dinner one evening! Venison meatloaf that the girls really enjoyed, and green beans coated with almond flour and some spices. 
Another outfit selfie.
Morgan Harper Nichols' art and writing always speaks such volumes to me. 


This girl loves books. :) 

I've been making quite a few recipes from Healthy Little Peach on Instagram. She has a blog too that I really like! I made these carrots, which were supposed to be made in an air fryer but I don't have one.  So I baked them instead and they were pretty good!
LOVE this style of letters one of my students made!
These have popped up everywhere in the back pasture! They are lovely.

Exploring the woods. 
The grass in the back pasture is so long and lush.

I watched a butterfly on this honeysuckle for the longest time. 
Dress over jeans will always be a favorite of mine.

We went exploring down a dirt road this weekend! 
We were out adventuring to look for this! We hiked to a giant waterfall. It was absolutely amazing!




I took this crooked, but isn't this dreamy?!
I dream of having a cabin way, way out in the country somewhere near the Buffalo River!
The waterfall! 

This waterfall was HUGE and we had to yell just to hear ourselves! It was roaring! 

These rocks were SO dangerously slick. Shortly after this I took a tumble that has left me with a very sore arm. I'm ok though. :) 

Beautiful, eye-catching art in my basket. :) 

The Old Church Basement album by Maverick City Music and Elevation Worship is out of this world. It's on repeat in my car. 

Went to lunch with my sister and friend and ordered this shrimp and avocado salad. It was delicious!

Made my own french onion dip this weekend and YUM.  This was made with Kite Hill dairy-free sour cream, caramelized onions, dill, garlic, salt, and a bit of onion powder.  It is extremely good!

Yes.

Here's to almost surviving and thriving being librarian at two elementary schools, while also being in grad school and maintaining a 4.0.


I'm still living :)
and there is more ahead for me.

For you too! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.