Another week of social distancing....


First, thank-you so very much to those of you who purchased my self-published book.  I don't take that lightly at all.  (see my last blog post to read more about the book)
I wrote this book as a reminder to myself of all the good and beauty there is in the world, and to have a place to document the little lessons and poems I've been carrying around in my heart the past couple of years.  The fact that any of you would care enough to spend your hard-earned money on it means the world to me.  Also, for those of you who have emailed the kindest, most encouraging words about it also, thank-you!!!
A lot has been going on besides my self-published book.  A lot for another week of social distancing at least!  Brett is still going into the office every day, as it's not a choice for him to stay home.  But, besides going on little drives every now and then the girls and I have been home.  While this post looks like we are 100% enjoying ourselves (and we mostly are), deep down there is a certain grief to this season I can't even let myself sink into.  This is such a season of "both" for me and I'm sure for you too. 

I miss people.   I'm so truly thankful to have this extra time with my girls at home, yet I also ache for my students.  I worry about them, I love them, and I miss them. 

I miss being able to go places.  Even just a stroll down Target! 
I went grocery shopping yesterday, keeping a careful distance between myself and the other shoppers.  It was the saddest thing.  No one was talking to anyone else, just quietly shuffling around each other and trying to give the recommended 6 feet of space.  

I miss travel plans.  As far as I know I won't get the money back from my cancelled flight to Mary or at least I haven't figured out how to get ahold of the airline and make that happen yet.  We have a summer vacation planned and I don't know if it is certain or not.  

You see what I mean? We're over here filling up our lives with as much good as we can, because to be honest I am just missing so much.  I'm grateful for so much as well.  Just holding grief and gratefulness all at the same time.
But, moving on because I truly do believe our attitudes and mindsets and positivity have POWER. 



Everywhere you turn, the natural world is waking up. 
I have really, really enjoyed the time at home to take a walk with my camera and capture the spring awakening!
Cozy.
 Yes, I still find hearts everywhere. 
 I loved this texture.

 The moss seems extra bright green! 
Awesome texture on a tree!
The woods really do offer so much to look at and explore.  I am thankful we have them to wander in.
 Cocoon we think.
 Captured with a self-timer in one of our pastures! Long walks with the family have been nice.




 Anna loves to climb trees.
 We went looking for morel mushrooms but didn't find any.  My brother-in-law did though!
I thought this orange mushroom was super cool looking.


 We love sunny days by the creek!




 We woke one morning to fog.  Of course I went out in my robe and slippers.
 Fairy houses are what we call them.
Magic.
You know how a simple spiderweb delights me. 



 Crazy, beautiful sky one morning! I snapped these and then almost as quickly as the pink came it was gone.  There's something to be said about noticing things before they go away.

 Poser.
We are missing the library. :( We have ordered books from Amazon and Barnes and Noble during this  time.  Locals-you can order from Barnes and Noble and then they will bring your order out to your car in front of the store.  

I really believe in showing our local stores (even the chains we love) some love! 
We've also shopped at Freckled Hen Farmhouse and Kindness and Joy Toys.
We love these lace leaves, as we call them! 

Social distancing with Nana.
I made this chopped up brussels sprout salad last week and it was really good! 
It has chopped brussels, tuna, olives, capers, peppers, and chickpeas.  Then I added a dressing of vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and a bit of dijon mustard.

Don't be fooled by this healthy lunch.  We are having our fair share of treat foods while we're home because there's very little else to look forward to!
 A finished painting I love too much to consider selling right now. 
That's always a good sign and means I've painted from my heart.
Interesting shadow and light!
Spotted at the gas pump.  I'm not sure where the wet paint was? But the sign pleased me. Something new to look at! I've always been fascinated with other people's handwriting.
Taken from the car window, while in a drive-thru.
Another day, another creek! 

Things giving me life:

picking up my camera
going outside
exercise
coffee (duh)
reading tons
a healthy family
letting my hair air dry
slow mornings
FaceTime or Zoom
learning new things: drawing digitally
cooking again
the sound of the birds
a couple new shows to watch
books, books, and more books
Natalie Create's podcast
my Mary Kay pink lipstick
no alarms
driving around, at least to see other people in their cars
our new waffle maker
the girls
painting
walks in the woods
reading blogs
funny memes
Jimmy Fallon's show at home
texting my co-workers
keeping in touch with friends
quiet

Your turn:
How are you? 
Are you showing yourself loads of grace? I am.




1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys are having wonderful weather! I'm glad you get the extra time at home with your girls, but I certainly understand missing your students at school too! Praying for the health of our nation and our world.

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.