Still home. Another social distancing weekly post!

Good Monday morning to you, rosy friends! Here we go again, for another week of staying home and the biggest thrill/outing of the week being the grocery pick-up if we snag a time!  It is weird times we're living in, for sure.  It's been said a thousand different ways via social media, some people taking a more negative slant, some a more positive.  I think whatever your slant, it's probably pretty true.  I feel like although I'm generally fighting back pretty positive, my emotions run the gamut within a day and then start over the next.  For example, I'll admit the slower mornings and not needing to be in the car so early is nice!  But then I've also started having dreams where my students pop up and I wake up and it feels so real and it makes me want to cry.  

Let me get this sad part over with, ok? I miss my students.  Did you know when a class comes to the library I stand at the door and greet every single one?  Either with a high-five, fist bump, hug (my fave and theirs), or a simple wave and hello.  You guys, I haven't been hugged or fist-bumped nearly as much!

Also, I love being in the library! LOVE IT.  I love the kids and their creative energy, reading to a class, helping kids find books (and I have so many to tell them about now), and checking books out.  I love my desk and my job and I miss it. :( 

Also missing: my grandparents and the rest of my family, people in general, trips to Target or anywhere to get a minute to myself, the local library, Farmer's Market, and mostly the possibility of planning something.  This time of year we usually start planning camping, trips to the market, summer vacation....right now it all hangs in limbo.  

Now to fight back with the positive: I know we are beyond lucky or blessed or whatever you want to call it to be home and healthy.  I know we live on so much land we get to explore and that makes this easier.  I know this won't last forever.   I know we are learning new rhythms in this season that will last.  I know we are connecting with SO many people during this time and although socially distant, not truly isolated.  I know we're not having to miss big things like seniors graduating, a birth or death, a wedding.  So many people are.  So many people are working this virus endless hours, without even getting to see their families.  I hold their grief and mine at the same time.  I pray so hard for each of the brave warriors fighting this virus, either themselves or working in the hospitals.  
And while at home, instead of drowning in the uncertainty and what feels dark at times, I pick up my camera and we work hard to find the rosy.  Here is this week's offering! 
The girls were Facetiming cousins here.
This at home time led me to lay in the hammock for the first time ever.  I loved it!
One of the girls took this shot. 
The biggest gift of being home has been watching the world wake up to spring and we get to be here for it all!
The color on the redbuds is my fave.
Drawing with rocks. A rainbow, of course.
Messing around with tree bark.

You get hope and you get hope and you get hope and you...
Oprah style!
The mornings have been absolutely breath-taking when the sun is out bright!  Everything just GLOWS and the birds are so loud and happy.  
Last week I made a pretty big list of craft projects we've always wanted to try and got on Amazon and ordered the supplies. It has been SO much fun!

One project was getting these plain white lanterns...
and painting them! 
They turned out so dreamy! I am going to paint a few of my own and hang them in my craft room.  Such an easy, fun idea for kids! The girls just used regular watercolors. 
Dandelion fun!
The art in nature takes my breath away.
Self-portrait, dandelions stuck in my hair turning grey and all.
Betsy finds the coolest things in nature.

Another project! 
These jars were $3.94 each, which I thought was a good deal! 
The girls dug around in the woods to make their terrarium.  We are misting them with a spray bottle.  We'll see if it works/they last.
Sewed a pretty banner for the front porch.
That roller-skate life!
The girls sometimes practice but usually want me to pull them around the driveway. 
Oh yeah, and we got some of our driveway paved right before all this virus happened.
Jumping around Uncle Jack's house site! 
My bro-in-law is going to be our permanent neighbor! :)
How's it going working with kids, you say? 
LOL.
The girls were helping me film Zoom announcements for work and we tried to get the cat on as a special guest. You can see how well that went.
Got fixed up for a drive. (lol)
We celebrated a friend's birthday, social distancing style last weekend!
We are missing our friends in real life!
We drove past their house though and it was so nice to see them!
Trying to get better at curling my hair. :)
And I really love this scarf from Freckled Hen Farmhouse and this barely there pink lipstick from Mary Kay!
Beautiful shot from the nursery!


Yes, we stayed far away from the few other customers at the nursery. We didn't touch anything. We sanitized after. 
The different view of these flowers was SO refreshing!
Yummy lunch one day!
Lunch meat stuffed with peppers, pickles, and plant-based french onion dip.

Looked this up for a reason and those words "unbroken by cloud"....just gave me tears in my throat. I want to be unbroken by the clouds of this season.

I've been painting a few times a week!
I'll plan to have an original painting sale on my Instagram sometime in the next week or two.

A mess that, when I stood back and looked again, looked pretty to me. We have been cleaning off the dining room table at least once a day. It is always full of crafts, puzzles, homework, and food.
I usually drink my coffee black, but I treated myself to this stuff and it is so good!
A little bit goes a long way.
What?! I have never felt so seen.
This describes me perfectly! 
And apparently this is my "style" for staying at home. My favorite Wal-Mart jeans, a cute shirt half-tucked, and a cardigan. And air-dryed hair, earrings, and painted nails.

I say to each their own, but I just do not do well in yoga pants and no makeup for days. 
If you do fine, go for it! We each get to choose. 

Just like, faced with another week-we get to choose our way through it. 
We are taking things one half-day at a time around here.  Morning 'till lunch, then lunch 'till bedtime. 

What are you doing to stay sane? 
Do you love being at home or not? Or both?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.