Feeling my photography has changed.

 For so long I chased photography hard as a side hobby and/or business.  This suited me quite well and gave me something to focus on besides the laundry while being a stay-at-home mom.  No regrets here! Lately though, I've felt my focus shift entirely.  Really, it's been a long time coming.  A lot of it does have to do with the obvious reason that I'm working full-time now.  But it's really even more than that.  Something deep within me has shifted.  Can't put a name to it and I don't have a million words to say.  I'm not doing photo sessions and this feels freeing.  Instead, I've been grabbing my camera to come along for the ride, whatever the ride happens to be.  This feels like becoming a storyteller.  My own storyteller. 

Here are the few captures I took over the past few days. 







It's exciting/new/different to feel like your season is shifting. 
Your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. So lovely to be capturing the extraordinary things in an ordinary day. Your shots tell a story, and it is compelling. Great stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! Thank-you for being here. :)

      Delete
  2. I have so many thoughts on this...I wish we could sit down to chat over coffee! You are smart to pay attention to your instincts as an artist and creator!

    Also...I am in love with your pig. :)

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.