hello Autumn-happy October 1!





Happy October 1.
I'm tiptoeing back into this space. 

For today, my most favorite words of the season thus far, written by John Mayer. 
"It's Hard To Have Nothing To Sing"
It's hard to have nothing to sing
When your head is filled with such beautiful things
Or your heart is bleeding through your shirt
And the world ain't making up for the hurt
And your lungs fill up but the words don't come
So you breathe out heavy and your face goes numb
And you feel so dumb
Well brother here's some words for you
Some road to ride, some fat to chew
Oh, I put the sun where I thought you'd need it
But I spilled some clouds where I felt defeated
So sometimes just to let you know,
They'll try their best to dull your glow
But the spirit here is top shelf stuff
We're running low but there's just enough.
And here's some colors you can use
You're more to me than just the blues
You're every shade of autumn leaves
And the light that breaks through naked trees
So steal the blanket off my bed
And tip your hat down on your head
The ride keeps going no matter what you do
Some nights it's just the moon and you
You can borrow my dreams for as long as you need
I'll get 'em back when you plant that seed
And you teach the world our morning songs
And they join their hands and sing along
In thanks for all the joy we bring
Because being alive is a hell of a thing
And it's hard to have nothing to sing. 
-John Mayer

For the ones who show up in this space to sit with the sacred and look for the rosy too, 
"you're every shade of autumn leaves."

You make the sharing worth it.  Here's to putting the sun right where I thought you'd need it. 






1 comment:

  1. It looks like a beautiful start to the autumn season :)

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.