My photo wall is back!

 I used to have an entire wall of photographs in my house and I adored it! As with most little creative spots in my home after a few years I changed my mind about the idea and took the photographs down.  I even went so far as to leave this particular wall blank (gasp!) for a month or so.  Then I felt that familiar feeling of wanting to plaster my walls with the rosy I've found in my routine.  It's not just a catch-phrase for me.  We have an entire shelf dedicated to boxes of printed out pics, as well as photo books lined up for days.  I often get them out and take a trip down memory lane and they are better than any medicine or nap.  Photographs so very quickly remind me of sights, sounds, smells, and soul stirrings.  They just matter.  What matters as equally to me is printing them out. 

While we were on vacation I took advantage of having fast internet (not our awful rural internet) and quickly uploaded almost 100 photographs to Social Print Studio, which is my most favorite online site to order photographs from.  They have prints available in all sizes, including these mini photos.  Their color also matches what you see on your phone or laptop screen which is HUGE.  I used to use Shutterfly or Walgreens but consistently noticed the coloring was way off when the photos came which is a huge disappointment.  

Social Print Studio also has an app where you can add messages to your photos and make cards, which is definitely on my to-do list.  Plus, their selection of products you can order is just really FUN. (they even have film strips!)  No, I'm never paid for saying any of this I just really adore their company! 
After printing the photos out I quickly strung them up on simple string with mini clothespins I purchased at Dollar General.  And....done! Walking past this spot and looking at all the beauty that really does surround me/us does my heart good every single time.  Don't have room for an entire wall? Why not hang the string vertically on a smaller wall? 

Happy photo printing! 

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog when I found your old post from 2013 showing your craft room....I fell in love with it & can't get out of your archives now.

    I have a huge empty picture frame we used in the photo booth at our son's wedding a few years ago. I stapled rows of twine to the back of the frame & clip pictures to it with mini clothespins. I love changing it out for the seasons or adding sweet cards that I receive (my friends are great at writing notes). Your photo wall is very similar.

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.