Because your good is so much greater than your bad.


I found myself praying over some things this week, almost without even being aware I was doing it.  
I kept walking circles in my mind around the same struggles I seem to need help overcoming.  While letting my thoughts speak up for themselves I heard this question come-loud and clear from myself to God-"Why do you even keep bothering to show me the unforced rhythms of grace? Why keep gently tending to me, helping me get back up again? Aren't you tired of me repeating the same struggles?" 

Just as swiftly as I asked these questions in succession, I heard a firm, confident, matter-of-fact response: "Because your good is so much greater than what you consider your "bad."" 

Within a minute or two I felt God reminding me of the good he built in me from day one.  I heard him remind me that my eyes help others see things in a new light, that my die-hard rosy attitude can and will help heal the world, or at least my part of it, that my super sensitive insides that get tangled up and cause a lot of these troubles in the first place also double as my superhero cape. That my love of color, fun, cooking, old things, laughing and dancing, blogging, photography, teaching and kids....all so much greater than a struggle, no matter what it is. 

Maybe you need to hear this too? Your current struggle (spoiler alert: mine has to do almost always with my body image) may feel like a mountain, but it's not.  Not when you stand it up next to the GOOD that is YOU.  The struggle then becomes a grain of salt.  You?  All your gifts and love you bring to the world?  As vast as an ocean.  

Your good is so much greater than any struggle or "bad" you may be dealing with.  And you know what else?  The world needs your good.  We need your light, we need you to let God pick you up one more time and dust you off so our paths can cross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.