Simple storyteller, though I may be.

I have what feels like, a million blog posts scheduled.  Seriously, pictures loaded and everything.  For some reason it's been difficult for me to want to sit down and write in this space.  Not for any particular reason really.  Although I will say it feels a lot of time like branding oneself, IG posts, sponsored content, and all things social media have taken over the world.  In short, is there even room for a simple storyteller in the blog world anymore? 

I think so.  I know so. Today I popped onto FB and there smiling back at me was a picture of my Betsy Grace, three years ago.  Her face looked little, her smile joy-filled, and the scene absolutely melted me.  I was instantly taken back to the sweet, sweet memories of that season.  Simply put, the photos are my markers along the way that life IS more than just alarms starting the day and tiredness ending it.  Sometimes I go through phases of kind of numbing my feelings out.  Tuning into the t.v. too much, not taking care of my body, letting the camera collect dust.  Eventually my inside world starts to match my outside.  Complacent, not motivated, and just struggling.  I won't pretend that we have power over everything in our worlds-we don't.  But my goodness how the power of photography, music, homemade food, an extra long hug, a face-to-face conversation, and capturing the light can make our worlds feel changed. 

Simple storyteller, though I may be, I can't express the value of stopping to actually notice the beauty and light that seeps into my days.  I hope you'll find that here too.  Even if it's "just" a what I wore post, it's still looking at life as art and worth putting heart into. That's all the difference I suppose-the heart.  When the days feel long, I reach for more heart.  Things like lighting a candle, starting a new book, listening to a new album with Brett, trying my hand at a new recipe, putting together a fun outfit, and just doing something FUN.  

I can't help but think maybe you'll be inspired if I share this very heart in this very space.
I hope you'll join in as I tackle my one million scheduled blog posts. 

1 comment:

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.