What I wore

Morning y'all! If you're reading and actually clicked on over to blog-land I am just SO delighted you're here.  I mean that, I hope you know it.  I'm currently sitting surrounded by young things, people in their 20's (I'm assuming) and doing the whole college thing.  Almost everyone is wearing leggings, an oversized sweatshirt, and top-knot or cute hat.  I'm, needless to say, not dressed like a young thing.  LOL.  One of these is not like the other! 

I also recently realized/read that actual, real style bloggers get outfits sent to them for the sole purpose of trying them on and showing the internet.  You guys, I thought the main difference between me and them was simply my use of a cheap, dirty mirror.  Evidently there is a LOT that's different between a real style blogger and me.  As if you hadn't already figured that out! While I can't say my mirror situation has improved (I never think of it until we're here and I'm blogging again), I CAN say I love these posts.  While it may feel a bit silly for a 35-year old working mama to post her outfits, I still stand by the fact that there is something truly wonderful feeling about being intentional with my outfits, hair, and makeup.  I don't want you to miss the point here and think that you should want to put makeup on everyday too because it's the only thing that will make you feel good. Totally not true. I just mean for me, you know my body imagine has been such a struggle and getting dressed in a way I feel cute is SUCH good medicine.  Plus, it's just really fun! 

So without further ado, here are the outfits I'm loving lately! I'll warn ya-I've been sitting on this post for weeks so there are a lot of pics! Not everything is that exciting of an outfit, but at least something that made me feel good and works for the amount of time I sit on the floor during my teaching.  

All outfits were thrifted or bought on sale!
















Weird lighting selfie because my phone is cracked and makes the light look strange/dreamy.

This outfit was too many layers and I was hot all day.  Plus, the black dress that I adore is looking really worn so I had to throw it away.  :( BOOOOO..

I don't normally wear leggings as pants.  I leave that to the young things, remember! But this day was rainy and I liked how this striped shirt paired with the leggings and covered "everything", if you catch my drift.  The striped shirt was thrifted and is SO soft. This is totally an outfit I would wear hiking and camping! Just not to work. 

There you have it friends! 
Do you share any of the same feelings I do about getting dressed intentionally in the morning? 
I really adore pinning photos of outfits I like, especially if the person wearing them is similar to my size.  Do you have any people I should look up on Pinterest or IG for outfit ideas? 

Where do you shop for clothes? 
How do you stay feeling good?



2 comments:

  1. I love love love your outfit with the leopard print skirt ... grey t-shirt ... jean jacket ... leggings ... and grey tennis shoes!!! LOVE IT!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.