Two (working mom) lifesavers

Happy Friday friends! This week was filled with unexpected things like our car needing a new battery, a kid getting sick, and basically just a lot of regular life happening.  I am happy it's Friday! 

Real quick I wanted to share two things that are lifesavers for me currently! 
First is using the Wal-Mart grocery pick-up!  Have you heard of this or done this?  
It helps soooooo much! Here's how it works! 
Go online to Wal-Mart's webpage and click on "grocery."  You can then fill up your cart and pay, choose a pick-up location and time, and that's it! You're done. 
Then when you pick your groceries up at the designated time you either call the phone number they have posted and tell them you're there or if you have the Grocery app you will be notified by text when your groceries are ready and you can check in that way.  The Wal-Mart employee then loads up the back of your car with your groceries.  You never even have to get your kids out of the car or anything! I have been ordering my groceries Thursday evening and picking them up Friday after school.  Total timesaver.

The only downside to this is not being able to pick out your own produce.  I usually just swing by Aldi every now and then for a few things and so far this school year, let Wal-Mart do the rest.  



The second lifesaver for me this school year is this protein powder! I started looking into a protein powder to drink, not as a weight loss solution, but instead as something that would keep me full as far as protein goes and also have energy that would last.  
This does the trick! 
My work lunch is really quick and once I'm off work it's back into mom mode and all that comes with it.  I have been eating a protein-based breakfast (eggs, sausage, etc.), then drinking this for lunch and eating some small snack with it, and then maybe a small snack before dinner.  Most days I don't even need the pre-dinner snack, especially if I've had enough water for the day. 

I bought a shaker bottle at Natural Grocers that I fill with almond milk in the morning.  I take a separate mini container of one scoop of protein powder in my lunch bag and just mix the two together quickly at lunchtime.  Total lifesaver! 

Now it's your turn: what are your life hacks or working lifesaver? Share away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.