What to do? and Happy Valentine's Day to YOU!

First things first, Happy Valentine's Day! 
Do you like this holiday? I'm always curious to see what people's reactions are surrounding the hearts, chocolate, and flowers of today.  My post really has nothing to do with the holiday at all and please don't think I'm a cynic or an old married woman, lol.  It IS my mama's birthday today and that's one of the main reasons I love it.  Brett and I do pretty well celebrating each other year-round and we have invited his mom and another family member over for dinner tonight. I'm looking forward to that for sure! I'm making a dish with spaghetti squash, capers, kalamata olives, and coconut milk that is just so rich and tasty.  Plus I may even attempt a healthy version of chocolate cake. It really is a thing! I'll let you know if it works out. 

Of course the girls are over the moon excited about the hearts and candy. 
To be young again! 

(one of our simple joys this season is an old-school popcorn maker)
In other news, I got a new camera! 
I almost panicked purchasing it and didn't think it would even come. 
But it did. 
It is a refurbished Nikon D750 with a new Sigma 35mm f1.4 lens. 
I need to tell you more about it once we get to know each other a bit better, my camera and I, I mean. 









And now for what to do.
Our internet is giving us fits. We live in a rural area, which you all know.  We have a tiny amount of data per month and keep getting extra charges for going over. 

That, combined with other reasons for feeling unsettled about the internet world lately (negativity), has me wondering if I can dedicate an hour or two a week to blogging a few days in advance. 

I've thought about even giving up the blog for a while, seeing as it's the primary reason I'm using the Internet. But I just can't.  You see, I truly do blog for myself and my own story and it's been 10 years almost! Better not quit now. 

Do you read blogs? Do you blog yourself? On home internet or at a cafe or coffee shop? 
Any advice for me? Do you use the Internet for a host of reasons, particularly for enjoyment, or are you strictly an IG person? 

Lend me your internet thoughts. 
Time to run, 
talk soon. 
xo-much love Rosy readers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.