So long spring!


What's it like in your neck of the woods?  One minute we were just about knee-high in boots and mud and rain and then then the next thing you knew, summer had arrived. 
 With each drip and drop of the late spring rains something told me to enjoy it. 
 The moody early morning light is how I'm easing into my mornings now. Coffee, journal, Bible, and devotion-check. I've learned how much better my days go when I start with some silence and God's word.  And who are we kidding?  The caffeine doesn't hurt any either. 
How about you?  What are your mornings like?
 Of course, 'tis the season to drag all kinds of pretty nature finds in the house.
 It's sort of my equivalent to walking along the beach, picking up the most wonderful variety of shells.  For this country gal, it's wildflowers.  Like these puffy beauties, who actually had a very spiky stem.  Almost like a cactus!   
Anyone know what they're called?
 And of course, summer wouldn't be the same without my two coneflowers. Each year, in the exact same spot, two coneflowers grow.  Never three or only one.  Exactly two. 
I have such a soft spot in my heart for these flowers they're getting a post all their own. 
How I do love a coneflower! You can even spot them on the sides of our country roads. 
 Our living, breathing, playing, and working revolves around the outdoors and that's just how I like it.  Of course, I don't prefer the TWO snakes I've seen in the yard so far.  No worries, I even took one for the team and captured pics of the big black snake I'll share with you soon.  I am just sure you are excited beyond belief to see them. 

It's hay season and gardening season and mowing season and……well, you get the picture.  The season of all things outdoors.  The girls' chatter or the birds chirping keep me company and I feel ever so near to God when I'm outdoors.  Something about the sway of the hay or the flutter of the leaves feels like He's just a bit closer. 


 One of my favorite "jobs" that is really just a title I made up in my mind, is to carry all the empty vessels outside and fill them up with something pretty.  It's hardly a hard task because there is just so much beauty waiting everywhere.  Up high, down low, and in all the spaces in-between.

Empty vessels,
beauty waiting. 
That'll preach.


 You all know how much I love to decorate.  Like, a lot! So naturally with the changing of seasons it felt right to move the couch and chairs back a bit and then angle them some and call it a "rearranged".  I love rearranged.  How about you?  Do things stay in the same spot at your house? 

This room was met with Anna's approval and she IS my toughest critic so I give it a two thumbs up!

And that is how we've slowly slipped from spring and into summer.
We even had our first camping trip in the pop-up camper! 
I can't wait to share summer with you. 
What are you up to/looking forward to? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.