Winter. And Waiting.

 The cold (in both my little gal's bodies) and outside seems to be doing its best to knock our door down this winter.  My optimistic, rosy spirit usually permeates even the coldest and darkest of days/nights.  The last few days I admit, have become more of a practice and ritual of finding the rosy in the routine as it seems the walls are beginning to close in a bit more each day.  This just makes the hope of spring even sweeter I think.  

An especially bright sight this winter has been the sun that usually seeps in most afternoons.  Around 4 it is just magic... 

The last day or two I decided to capture what things around the house brought my eyes (and mind and heart) joy when I looked at them.
 I mean, of course this.  
Do I even need to explain?  
 I get teased sometimes for being disorganized but the truth is, sometimes it means I come out ahead.  Like when I discovered Christmas sun-catchers in our art and activity cabinet that I'd forgotten about.  Instant fun for both my gals! Even when Betsy Grace tried to eat the paint, lol. 
 As we anxiously await garden food the less-than-tasty, but still ok herbs from the grocery store will do.   Parsley, who knew you could look so pretty?  Wouldn't a whole table full of herbs in jars (instead of flower bouquets) be gorgeous?!
 I moved our dining room table around and am loving how the light filters in behind it.  
 The theme of my life lately seems to be doing less to be more. 
Like saying "no" more often and simplifying my to do list and taking naps.  As often as necessary naps.  On average, I'm up at least 3 times a night. I can't even remember the last time I slept a full night....
a conversation we won't get into because I've realized, some people are mean and judgmental when it comes your kiddos sleep. LOL.  BUT, these naps! Did I mention how great they are?! (especially if you light a candle, my new favorite scent EVER is Sugared Lemon by Bath and Body Works) 
 A happy little spot in my craft room.....I haven't been getting in there as much lately because I've changed my focus towards improving my photography skills and learning the ins and outs of my new camera. I'm dreaming of sneaking in there this weekend though...and spending an evening or two.  
 Coffee, how do I love thee? 
Let me count the ways. 
One cup. 
Two cups. 
(Sometimes) three cups. 
Hot, comforting, a ritual.  Not just a drink.  
Do you know what I mean?
 Can someone please tell me who this big, grown-up girl is?! 
 I put a jar of colored pencils on our coffee table (which is really purely for the girls, they're the only ones that use it!) and they have LOVED taking the pencils in and out of the jar.  All day long.  It's the small things, right?
 For some reason, I'm fascinated with tables.  Real-life tables.  I think it would be fantastic to have a book dedicated to table tops.  Messy ones, neat ones, perfectly planned ones.  They are all beautiful to me.
 I picked up these water bottles on sale at Wal-Mart with hopes to place them on the table, full of wildflowers.....a table scattered with flowers and loads of candles.  I can just see it! The farm produces the most beautiful wildflowers (or weeds as Brett reminds me sometimes-ha!) all throughout spring and summer.. 
Not to deceive with my last food post, I do fully intend to return to smoothies soon.  I've been having one some days.  But other days when I'm starving and the cold runs all the way down to my tippy toes, I eat something warm.  Like a warm cheese sandwich.  

Well I don't know about you, but already I'm feeling warmer and .....
sunnier.  
Let's rally 'round this quote the next few weeks,
"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: It is the time for home. " Edith Sitwell

Here's to comfort and embracing all that winter has left to offer! 
(but seriously sweet spring, hurry it up, will ya?)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And such true thoughts!! I usually love winter months but this winter I am very ready for spring and flowers and color! And you are very right about sleeping and people and kids. :( Don't worry. They will grow and it will be different! Take naps for now!! I did. And still sometimes do.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love a good, refreshing, albeit brief, nap. Also, these photos are just lovely. You capture moments and feelings so well.

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.