Turn on the light.

 Last Saturday I woke up to the most brilliant light.  I saw light spilling in through the shades, scattering itself onto the wall.  I thought about the concept of light, breaking through in the midst of darkness.  How enthralling, hopeful, beautiful it is.  Captivating, warming. Everywhere I seemed to turn that day, there was a little circle of light.  Even as I typed this post. I looked down, and there next to me was a tiny circle of light shining on the floor.  




It made me think of a favorite quote, buried deep in my heart. 

"Miep Gies: But even an ordinary secretary or a housewife or a

teenager can, within their own small ways, turn on a small light in
a dark room."

{Who can you turn on the light for today?  Perhaps for yourself even?.....}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.