Rip. Tear. Smile. :)

 One day I found a 1/2 price sale at the local thrift store. If you know me well at all then you know I love a good thrift store! So, I purchased some old books. It sure is rewarding to rip and tear an old book and make something new/different with it. I'm a book lover-and yet I admit I love a good throw down with an old book! You should try it :) 
For this project I started with an old frame, and some torn strips from the old book. I started hot gluing the strips on the inside part of the frame.
 I then pulled the strip to the front side of the frame, and wrapped it around all the way to the back again. I hot glued each strip in place until the whole frame was covered.
 Last I quickly cut some triangles from my current favorite feedsack fabric and made a few strands of bunting. I hot glued these to the middle...and ta da! Something new to hang on the door.

I've learned as a stay-at-home mom how to think differently about crafting/decorating. Although I'm "in town" enough to have access to all kinds of decor being on one income has taught me to see things through new eyes. I've learned to look at what I have and make something I love out of it. It might not be everyone's style..or even look good to all. But-it's me. It's my style and if I'm happy with it it's good enough for me!
Decorate confidently today!

1 comment:

  1. you say you don't have enough time to get things done, but every time i get on, you not only have a new blog post, but a new craft/decor project to show too!!! i don't know how you do it :) missed you at pg today!

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.