Mamarazzi: Lesson 1














I love photography. One of my new year's goals was to get better at it. We have a nice camera.
I just haven't made the time to learn how to do anything other than point and shoot with it.
While I'm not expecting to become the next Ansel Adams, I do think there's room for improvement. 
**************
I bought the book Mamarazzi: Every Mom's Guide to Photographing Kids.
The first "lesson" that stuck-Jot down every word that comes to mind when you think of your kids. These are things you want to capture. This is your child now!
Next, what is it your child loves to do? Focus on an activity your child loves-and you'll end up with beautiful and natural images of your kids. The key is to let them do what they want. Let them control the photo shoot. Your job is to faciliate the fun..and capture it!
*******************************
So yesterday we headed outside and played..and I got some pictures I love of Anna. They very much "captured" her personality at seven months. :)
Another quick tip-in Windows Photo Gallery, go to "Fix" photo, and then use the Adjust Exposure control to vary the brightness and contrast. Better coloring/lighting instantly! (for people like me who aren't professionals and don't have the current time or money to learn photoshop or expensive equipment!)

1 comment:

  1. Presh Presh Presh. That's all I can say. Love these!!!

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.