The rosy list #11 and my deep love of blogs.

I truly enjoy blogs and blogging, a lot. It's not a chore or burden for me.  It's a very meaningful way for me to show myself the good happening right in front of my own eyes.  I also really like reading blogs as well. Want to know a funny fact? I actually created a blog years ago called Sara's Favorites, which is where I stored all of my favorite blogs to read.  I suppose I could have subscribed to the blogs or something instead, but for some reason this is what I did.  So now one of my greatest joys in the world is walking on the treadmill and reading blogs by pulling this page up and clicking on each one.  It's an easy way for me to get in some miles and it's like a breath of fresh air taking a peek into the lives and worlds of others, gathering art, inspiration, and style ideas.  It reminds me the world is so much bigger than just my daily routine and part of the world. 

You can find "Sara's Favorite" here.

Anyway, let's take a look at the joy I've captured the past week or so.  Every time I blog I end up thinking I should put all the outfit pics together, but here I am still not having done that. 
I wore this sweater (again) over a dress last Sunday for church. It was comfortable and warm. 
Reminded me of my sweet Daddy, who is a grocery store manager. Reminder, the grocery workers have been also working tirelessly throughout this pandemic too. 
The mug that got away. 
Learning to make pottery is a big dream of mine. Hopefully I can make it come true sometime this year.
SO CUTE! 
I've always wanted lockers and I adore clothes, so I especially liked this display.
Gorgeous rug! 
I love polka dots.  

Been slowly chipping away at learning Procreate on the iPad.  It's very challenging and very fun for me.
Combined this sweater my mom-in-law got me with polka dots.
It snowed today and I took a solo walk in the woods!
I made up this salad for dinner one night and I'm totally repeating it for lunches this week! It's kale, potato, grainy mustard, red onion, capers, olives, garlic, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar.  

Aldi candles are my all time favorite! They are like $4 and smell better than any other brand I've tried. The name of this one made me laugh, because I have no idea what "tobacco petals" must smell like, but this candle smells AMAZING.
It has been snowing all day long today! 

Yum! I made these Magic Cookies again (the ones pictured on the right) and also these Breakfast Cookies and added walnuts and dried cranberries. Both are delicious! I usually eat a Perfect Bar late afternoon and need some kind of snack to really fill me up after having a smoothie and salad so far in the day.  These three cookies really filled me up! I did six miles on the treadmill today and was needing something substantial for a snack this afternoon! 
So something that's been popping up in my daydreams, books I'm browsing, and movies/shows the past six months or so are little cabins in the woods, adventuring outside, coking outdoors....

Just this week I was watching the movie Hampstead, which I only picked because I'm a huge Diane Keaton fan and look at this amazing little cottage made from recycled materials in the background! 

Someday I will have a tiny house, or Airstream, or little cabin the woods.

I participated in an Instagram book exchange and it was so much fun! This is the book I received, which must be a sign because I've been wanting to read this for months and then it just showed up on my front step.  
Having fun on Procreate!

I bought this dress recently and it fit perfectly. Although it has pretty big, thick pockets and so the fabric on the sides of the dress can kind of stick out more than I would like. Anyway, I know I'll enjoy just throwing this on with sandals in the summer.
I styled it this way for winter/date night. 
These layers made me think of another blogger/Instagram gal who posted how much they hate the f word..meaning "flattering".  Like someone had asked them how much they wore layers and didn't show off their shape more. (I'm rolling my eyes)  Honestly, I'm done wondering what looks flattering or not, especially when it's cold out. I just want to wear color, be warm, and have an outfit on that tells a story or looks interesting. 
Best date night at Arsaga's at the Mill! This rice "bowl" came with these sauces, curry sauce on the side, and the best pickled things and chickpeas under the rice. I also had this rosemary limeade that was perfectly sour.   This was all a welcome treat from virtual learning/working from home.

I started this book today! I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I love to talk to my students about what they're reading.  I asked them the other day on Zoom if they were "team put the book down" or "team keep reading", when they came across a book they didn't like. 
Oops, I left the umbrella up. 
Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken...... :) 

There are yoga pants on under those pajama pants and I must say I stayed very warm on my winter walk!

The shape of this snow fall pleased me. 


Snow day pictures!









Look closely at that tiny, intricate snowflake on my sleeve. Wow, just wow! This never, ever gets old.


My buddy.

Self-timer fun. 

Caught looking at my phone.
That pink reflection! 


The skies have really been blowing me away lately.  The colors and way it fills the sky is just so unique each time.  What a blessing to have such beauty in the sky. 

Back to virtual learning/working from home for a couple of days....with uncertainty over what will come in the next few weeks/months. 


I've been making a list of Good Things daily to combat all that feels hard or unknown.  
Here's a look at some of the things I've written down:
photographing the snow
"Best snack ever!"-Betsy
a six mile walk
knocking things off my to do list
tidying up
plans to look forward to
renting Sing 2
warm fires/blankets
starting a new book
3 day weekend
following this routine: lemon water, coffee, smoothie, 32 oz. water, salad, 32 oz. water, Perfect Bar or other type of healthy-ish snack/coffee, 32 oz. water, hot tea or a Topo Chico
getting dressed in a fun outfit
quiet, deep breaths
a break from the mask
Kacey Musgrave's "Rainbow" song
raspberry smelling candle
cooking dinner, wiping the counters, and sweeping
 a new map hung at work
The Sandlot
a very good bowl of chili

Your turn: what blogs do you love and what's good in your world?



(The power went off right when I was about to publish this.  The kids read and colored for a while and then we succumbed to using the internet on my phone and letting them watch a move on Netflix. (lol) Real life! They had actually worked puzzles, played, been active outside, and done a bit of everything today so I didn't feel too guilty giving in to the screens. 
I actually enjoyed reading by a little lantern and wasn't nearly as bothered by the power outage as everyone else was. The look on my face above is me trying to quickly figure out how to keep everyone happy, fed, and warm. (lol again)

Power's back on again....
I'm so glad you are here reading. 
:)

 

5 comments:

  1. I also love blogs! (But admit I follow so many that keeping up can feel a bit overwhelming. I have about 130 in my feedly.) I use Feedly to track, which I really love, because the new posts just show up for me! The blog world seems so small and cozy to me, but then I read a statistic that there are ONE BILLION blogs!! I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading this comment! First, I should try Feedly. :) Out of the 130 blogs you read, which are your top five favorites? I wonder if I read those too. I think the blog world is still small and cozy...at least those of us blogging about everyday life and not selling things. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your post and those snow photos are just breathtaking! Lovely photos of your home during the power outage, and everyone being cosy with latern and candle light. Awww, happy family. Cool pics of your various outfits. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for your kind words and for being here! :)

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.