The rosy list #1

The sun and shadows are different this time of year.

I thought that instead of starting each blog post with a disclaimer about how I want you to remember these are my very favorite bits of life I've stored to share, I would just starting calling these "the rosy list".  

Indeed, this is the good and light that I want to remember from the past few weeks. 

We love Uno! I won a few times. :) 

New display at one of my schools.

Veggies and fish are my fave.

New favorite flavor of Waterloo.

This is a really good root beer too!

(sent my first roll of film in and am still waiting on it to come back-anticipation!)

New nail polish I'm loving! It's by O.P.I.-their brand stays on forever.

A quick walk in the yard at night.

A very sad, heartwarming book for middle-graders, or possibly even fourth-grade.  I'm now reading the companion book.

I definitely need some dark and quiet to recharge.  (being an extroverted introvert)

I've been trying to make myself spend at least a few minutes in my art journal playing around.  Is there time for this? Not really.  But somehow I think this matters too.

A delicious, relaxing Sunday evening.

Found.


I've also been sketching some on the iPad at night. It's super relaxing! 


Happy mail.

I bet this combo will show up in every blog post because it's just easy. I love polka dots!

Thrifted jacket and my new Docs. Unfortunately it got super hot and sweaty and I had a very long day in these shoes so needless to say there's still some breaking in I need to do. :)

The best lunch ever! My daily quinoa salad with a new dressing and favorite chips. Seriously, these Paleo Puffs are SO GOOD and very hot. They were on sale for $1.79 and they're usually around $4 so my whole day was made.

Date!

Spent a couple hours on our new porch swing and went through two cups of coffee and then my morning smoothie. 

I like drives through the country.

So nice to have time to sit in the sun! 

Librarian life, am I right? Cut out lots and lots of fun things for work! 

Spotted.

Sisters.

Trying to conjure fall vibes even though it's incredibly hot and dry here.


My new favorite thing. We've had this under the house for 10 years and Brett hung it up and it's my dream come true! I love a porch swing. If the girls aren't side by side on it reading, you can find me out there with my journal, book, laptop, or coffee.  Sometimes all those at once. 

What's rosy in your life?

Are you remembering to take your deep breaths, drink water, move your body, and document the good?
I hope so. :) 

I just got a 480 page Blurb photo book in the mail yesterday and it makes me feel so LIGHT to look at all the GOOD.  I'll share it on the blog soon. I think it matters to document our gratitude. 

Sending you hope. 



 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. So heartfelt and special. thanks. Love the photos from your film camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for taking the time to be here and comment! :)

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.