This is hard. And that's ok.

A favorite quote of mine says "Just because someone carries it well doesn't mean it isn't heavy." I just wrote several paragraphs about this current season but then deleted them, because trying to explain life in 2020 as an educator, grad student, wife, mama, friend, etc. in a neat and tidy package on the internet is just too much to ask! Instead, let's look  at the bits of happy keeping me going.

Not pictured: my dearest village.  They say it takes a village and I'm so thankful for my friends and family who hold space for the easy days and the hard.  

These girls are just the most joy-filled.  I pray and pray they'll always keep a bit of silliness and being little inside, even as they grow.  I have kept a wild imagination and it's made life a lot more fun. :)

We're back to nights by the fire.  My journal next to me is one of my safest, most favorite places in the world. 


I made a wreath! I bought myself the most beautiful book on natural wreath-making, from dried flowers.  A couple weeks ago I picked the flowers to dry and made a wreath from them this weekend. I'll be doing this again for sure! It was super relaxing. 
Is there anything better than weekend breakfast?

The leaves by the library are always glorious! 
Our first time to the library (at least one of our local libraries) in seven months. I almost cried when we walked in, as the library has been my refugee and favorite place in the world for years.
Real life.  Juggling grad school has been TOUGH lately.  I've been getting up at 4 something to get ready in the mornings so that I have time to study. Although this sounds horrendous, it really and truly makes my days go SO much better to have that time in the morning. I have one month left of this semester and then FIVE WEEKS OFF. I could weep, I'm so relieved.

Then, 12 hours left total!!!!!!

The past couple weeks I've been doubling down on my health choices again. I made these homemade nut butter cups for a treat at night and they are SO good! Perfect for having around to resist the Halloween candy, which always leaves me feeling like garbage afterwards anyway.

That morning drive to work sure is stunning. 

One particular day last week the light was shining and flickering on my face and my desk in such a peculiar way.  A co-worker of mine even noticed and said how my face was shining.

I felt like it was a visit from God himself. I felt very seen. :)

The creativity is still running high around here! 
Brought home this bubble wrap from boxes at work because I knew it would delight the girls.  It did!

The leaves have been beautiful.  

This is the time of year I light a LOT of candles.  Something about the scent is so truly relaxing and calming to me. Aldi and Wal-Mart make my favorite smelling candles! 

'
The birds!!
Loving this outfit, although I'm now missing on of those shoes. How does one lose just one shoe? I'm not sure I know the answer! 

This shirt was a quarantine purchase and I just adore the color!

Coffee is always, always a good idea. My favorite coffee in the world is Dark Magic by Green Mountain Coffee.

Ha! How I feel about things a lot of the time. :) 
Something that truly gives me a sense of calm is keeping a tidy house.

Nail color for now!

Did some crafting this weekend and that made me VERY happy!
I realized I never showed you all my adorable teacher planner! It is book/librarian themed and I couldn't love it more.  I am a Happy Planner user for life! (Happy Planner is the brand) I have one for work and one for home. I adore them! 

More coffee, more art.  Totally part of how I recharged myself this weekend. How are you holding up on your side of the world?  Do you have some happy things that fill you back up, some people to tell your most serious truths, some good meals and hot drinks to fill you?

I hope so.
Also, what are you reading currently?
I just finished The Rural Diaries
and Little Fires Everywhere.

I'm currently reading The Unlikely Story of a Pig in the City. 
:)
 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Yes to candles, coffee, crafting, books and art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara! Thanks for a lovely post! We need to be reminded of the rosy in our lives even more these days. I am blessed with such beauty and abundance around me, even though the outside world seems full of ugliness. I’m trying to get some crafting done too. I am bad about trying to get all the house things done before I give myself permission to play. As always, I love your cute clothing posts. Don’t forget to tell us sources when you can. Inquiring minds want to know! Fall leaves are at the top of my list of things I miss about living in AR. I’m loving your beautiful pictures of them! We go to Ft. Smith every year for Thanksgiving, but it’s almost always after the leaves have fallen. Take care, sweet girl, with all that is on your plate! Beth Whitlow

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.