Hi again! Another round of the good.

Hi blog friends! How are ya?
I wish we were sitting around with coffee in hand, catching up in real life.  But several of you in real life tell me you're reading and that makes this feel better.  As for the state of things right now, Betsy keeps saying "It's been almost a year since coronavirus! After winter it will be a year." Huh, and so she's right.  I can tell you this, in the thick of the virus, quarantines, politics, and all of it a few things are just still good.  You know that's what I'm always here for.  I'm actually watching Somebody Feed Phil right now because as I say each Sunday night "it restores my faith in the goodness of the world."  

Let's look at what's been good, interesting, and worth taking a picture of lately.  First up, I spent some time on my craft room this weekend! It was a busy weekend, but I really wanted this craft room to feel like you were walking into another world altogether when you stepped in.  Almost a Narnia effect.  And it worked! It's magic when you step into this room! 
Still reading my Bible and hiding the goodness of God in my heart.  (that's what's hiding under the garland, on the art journal page) We are loving reading the Action Bible with the girls in the evenings.  

I wrote this scripture and tried to stick it in my art journal in a pretty way.  However, honestly, I just haven't had the time to do ALL the fun things I like.  Which I'll say, I like too many things..so there isn't always time to draw on the iPad, art journal, blog, take photos, read a book, watch t.v., and make things. Life would probably be easier (but also less interesting) if I didn't like to do so many things! 


I found the most PERFECT pair of pants ever at the Goodwill.  They are jogger style by Ann Taylor and I like them so much I thought I'd find another pair online, price aside.  But I can't find any! Sigh...guess I'll just wear these a couple times a week. They are polyester and so work well for my size 10 body.  (meaning, they drape nicely and don't stick)
I bought this dress at Target, which is a treat for me.  Ready for school! 
Still have those lines in the sky from my camera, but still.  Those pink skies this time of year make me swoon. 
The girls have been doing lots of bubbles lately!
We went to a corn maze.  It was HOT!! We almost got lost.  Good memories were made at least!
The light on that window......

One night I sat out on the back deck alone, with some worship music playing.  The rest of the family had eaten quickly and gone back inside to play video games.  But I stayed and lingered.  These clouds were my present.

Afternoon coffee please!
The light...it's just so different this time of year.  I'm ready for it to cool down and for us to settle in by the fire for some rest.
A couple of mornings I've had time to quickly snap some photos of the webs.  You know they just don't ever get old! I hope I stay that way forever, fascinated by the regular things of life.  If not, what else is there to dazzle us through our days? 

Autumn is here. Temps in the 80's and all!
A tiny leaf, a cool and quiet morning. Bliss.



This is where I am folks. Greatly delighted in stretchy pants and afternoon coffees. 
This weekend the girls went to the most magical sewing class at a studio in town! Locals, leave a comment or email me and I'll give you the deets!
The birds have started flying over the house again, hundreds at a time.  We stop to watch every single time.
I was inspired by the lounge at one of my schools, so I set this up at the other! My heart is officially attached to BOTH my schools!
That morning light, when I first get to work.....
Found these old photos of Brett and I, in St. John.  This was the summer before we had Anna Ruth.  These photos mean the WORLD to me! Especially that top right one.  What you might not be able to see is that amidst the blue color in the photo are hundreds of fish. We snorkeled right through them.  I've held that memory so close for years and didn't even realize we had a photograph of it! 

These photos were taken with a film, underwater camera.  Which I'll say is kind of funny/ironic as I have been feeling the urge BIG time to get a film camera.  Just need to figure out how to get my hands on a working one....

I take smiley face stickers in the parking lot as a good sign. 

You know when it goes darker, I add more and more lights! It beats the darkness back, keeps it at bay.  
Brett and I had a bonfire date night, thanks to my sis! It was so truly relaxing!
Patterns for life. 
The leaves are changing, the holidays are quickly approaching.  It's hot as summer outside and that feels weird, considering Thanksgiving will be here in a little over a month. 

I'm appreciating (so very much) the lessons learned, the life gained during the coronavirus.  I don't think I'll ever go back to the same rhythm as pre-virus times. At the same time, my soul is admittedly so very weary of the masks and rules and endless pivots we as educators are making. 

So what a weird little place to find myself and others in, once again.  I know you get this.  But you know what? I hope you take time to pray, to breathe deep and turn off the social media.  I hope you have so many things you like to do you can't decide which to choose.  I hope life includes good meals and even better people.  Until next time, I'll be here letting myself fall in love with life and keeping the darkness at bay.  Then I'll pop on the blog and share.  Just because you might need the reminder that "Aslan is on the move." 

1 comment:

  1. You have an incredibly difficult job as s teacher I know. I love stretchy pants, having a ton of things that I enjoy doing, and an afternoon coffee. The sky, brds, life. All beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.