Goodbye summer, hello school year!

Yay! I've finally made it back on the blog. I doubt you were worried about it, but if you were, I'm not done being a blogger.  Life just caught up with me! I'm trying to think about what I even last posted on.  I believe it was after the 4th of July and I'm sure it felt like there was plenty of summer left.  

I wrapped up my 12 hours of grad school at the end of July, then took a week to catch up on appointments (eye, hair, teeth) and then we went on a road trip to Colorado! That is the fast version of the last month or so.  Of course there have been a thousand tiny details in-between all those big things.  A lot of good days, some not so great, and many things still quite different in this "normal" due to COVID.  
I can't seem to find my other pictures of Papaw front and center, but we celebrated his birthday in July with the annual plate of Snickerdoodles. Not seeing Grandma and Papaw as often is always one of the biggest things I miss when work starts back.  We sure did have a lot of fun visiting them this spring and summer!

We camped at the Buffalo in July and had just the best time! Brett's mom came with us in her camper too.  Locals, you should definitely check out Buffalo Point.  We usually camp there in July and it never disappoints. We are still really, really enjoying our kayaks! Best purchase ever this quarantine! 





Back to the days when we had something that at least slightly resembled a garden.   You guys, it is just not true that we can keep up with everything! Trying to maintain a clean house, laundry, meals, a garden, working full-time, grad school, exercise, relationships, etc, is a LOT.  So naturally, some things have just had to go, the garden being a big one.  We did enjoy so many tomatoes from it and Brett canned close to 20 jars for us to eat in fall/winter.  Then life got busier, the deer ate up all the tomatoes and now I'm afraid to even go look.  When we DO have a garden I enjoy the watering. I find it very relaxing. 
I'm starting to wonder when fall will make its appearance.  It happens every August, although I can't think too long about letting summer go. I'm a summer gal for sure! I keep seeing all the fall and winter decorations out at stores and I to be honest, I can't wrap my head around that either.  Do you decorate for each season?  I used to, but as you know my time is pretty limited these days.  I do find that by putting some seasonal things out I get way more in the mood for change.  Plus the girls really love seasons, traditions, and new rhythms. 

I have seen SO many rainbows in the last month! Too many to even count.  I'm taking this as a huge love letter from God.  What hope we have in Him! Plus, I look for rainbows more than anybody I know and I think it's such a reward every time I spot one.  This week at work we were asked what our theme song would be, if we had to pick just one. I said "rainbow" by Kacey Musgraves. 

What would yours be?

Yes, we went on a road trip. I didn't post about it because I didn't want to be on my phone all the time and also, people have SUCH divisive opinions on things right now.  No sense in stirring things up.  However, we drove to Colorado and had the most amazing trip! This was after we had at least two other vacations cancelled due to coronavirus, so this trip felt especially redemptive.  The girls hadn't ever seen the mountains before. 

We stayed in the cutest Airbnb and did a lot of hiking.  Colorado was taking their mask wearing and cleaning VERY seriously.  I wish Arkansas would catch up! We felt safer in Colorado than Arkansas, as far as health goes.  Not trying to get political here, it's just the truth.  We even saw some people rock climbing! 

Brett found this randomly on a trail, with no one else around.  You know how I love little signs like this. 

We also hiked through some tunnels! This is how I picture us walking through 2020.  Surely there is a light at the end of the tunnel? 
One of my favorite things was seeing different plants and flowers.
We also took a neat train ride! (we took our masks down just for the pic)



Enjoying the train car alone, with hot chocolate. 
Now for phone pics! I took my art journaling supplies and did a few pages in CO.
My bright shining, beautiful, adaptable girls! I am so proud of these two and how they have rolled with the changes this year has brought. SO proud.
Took my camera everywhere with me in CO! It was such a treat!
Did you know Dollar Tree sells hardcover books for a dollar? I found this one there (I look every single time we go in) and it is really interesting and good! I like to sit and read on the weekends some.
View at work.  I liked all that bright, blue sky.  Note: love on your educators.  Pray for them, send them some happy mail, encourage them.  Teachers and staff are the strongest, most creative and magical people I know.  But this year is really, really heavy for us all.  Love on your teachers. You might not see the difficult side of things but it's there under the glitter and glue.  
In other news, I am SO EXCITED to be a full-time LIBRARIAN at my school this year!!!!!
(gallery wall idea thanks to @thebookwrangler!)

Beautiful sky spotted while waiting for grocery pick-up. I'm back to doing the WM pick-up and GOD BLESS IT, it is such a bonus to life!!
Briefly had my mask down to eat and sending a pic to Mary to show her all my "happy" I was wearing. 
OOH! I think I need some red nails again! I'm going to bust out my Dazzle Dry and make my nails pretty again this weekend and I can't wait! 

Last November I became a nails girl. At age 36. (lol)

We didn't have much pretty in our flowerbeds this year, but this pink gal caught my eye!

Fun at Grandma's, earlier this summer! I cherish these photos of us! We have quite the collection now. :) 

Back when we had tomatoes. I picked them and Brett canned them.  Sounds like a good plan to me...


I'll take that lesson everyday!
This photo might be my favorite out of the whole batch.  It just screams dreamy to me.  It was a simple phone shot, in front of the house. I adore it. 

Yep. Me every day.  Planner, journal, notebook, laptop, coffee.

There was so much art to spot in CO! So many murals! 

I left very inspired but also very ready to come home to beautiful Arkansas.

Last week was my first week back at work.  I was very nervous about wearing a mask all day every day, but I did it and I got used to it really quickly! Now we're adjusting to weekends during the school year and trying to balance productivity with play. 

How is your heart? 
Are you back at school? 
My girls are attending two days a week and doing virtual three.  I'll be at work five days a week. I won't even get into how hard this decision was. If you're a parent, you know. 2020 is asking us to make impossible decisions on the regular.  So, I hope your weekend includes a heaping dose of grace, fun, and rest.  

I'd love to hear how your corner of the world is going! What is keeping your hope afloat?
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sara! I'm coming over to tell you that I tagged you on Instagram about a little blogging adventure I would love for you to take part in. Of course, you've never really stopped writing on your blog, but many of us have been absent for the most part. I would love to get back to the days of blogging and enjoying stories of my favorite bloggers (that aren't just selling me stuff). I've asked Patty (lemon lane) to join and some others too.

    We are using the hashtag #bringbloggingback on IG if you want to join us and tag your posts.

    I'm so glad you're still blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Thank-you so much for including me in your blogging hashtag! I haven't had time to join in yet, but I'll try to soon!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara
    So happy to read your latest post, and find out you have been so busy and the road trip to Colorado sounded lovely. I'ts always such a pleasure to read your posts, and see all the amazing photos. We miss you when you don't post, but no pressure, life sure gets busy at times. Glad to hear you are all well, staying safe and enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweet Nanci! Thank-you so much for reading along and for your kind words.

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.