Another week! Back to school. Pursuing Jesus and joy.

Hello friends! I've been looking forward to this all week long.  The moment when I have a chance to catch my breath and compile all the little joys that have come across my path in one place, here on the blog.  Part of my weekend routine also includes reading other people's blogs.  

What about you?  One of my all-time favorite blogs (EVER) is Shutterbean! I have a few other favorites but sadly, they aren't updated anymore.  The world of social media can be pretty tricky and I don't blame a single person for stepping out of the ring! But for now, these little posts are my way of leaving a trail of joy to look back on.  It really does help! 
We started school last week, although I have been at work already for two weeks.  It was SO nice to have students back in the building! I have no words for the joy I felt, seeing those little faces again.  Admittedly, this year is very different than what I could have ever imagined last year.  The halls are much quieter, the rooms emptier.  There are SO many virtual students.  It is nice that we have a variety of options but it's been an adjustment, for sure.  I got a call a few days before school started and long story short, as a result I'm now the librarian at two schools! 

All things considered, it was a really great first week of school! The girls enjoyed their classes, and I was welcomed so warmly by my new co-workers.  I am grateful for kind, strong, brave educators.  Educators are absolute HERO's!!

Has it been stressful? Umm...yes!! Absolutely! I have felt a deep tired on a daily basis, but it did start to get better by the end of the week. I think by being a person that tries so hard to concentrate on the joy sometimes people forget that my life is just as stressful as everyone else's sometimes! Reminds me of that quote that says just because someone carries it well doesn't mean it's heavy. 

Brett called me Wonder Woman and while I appreciated the compliment, I told him I didn't want to be Wonder Woman ALL the time.  And so today has included a trip to see my Grandma and Papaw, a trip to the library, and blogging/reading time. 

It has been too hot for it to feel even a bit like fall, but these changing leaves give me hope that change is on the way! I'm ready for soup, cozy fires, and candles lit!







We have had THE prettiest skies, the dreamiest hues, the brightest rainbows, the most artful clouds.  God has been painting the sky absolutely breath-taking for us on Earth.  I'm so grateful.  He's here. God hasn't left us for a second on Earth, although sometimes the year 2020 feels like He looked the other way. He didn't.  His joy and light are infectious. 
I got to celebrate my birthday early with Grandma and Papaw!
The girls and I ran in Barnes and Noble real quick and I was quite captivated by their artistic displays!

We wore masks at Grandma and Papaw's most of the time.  Weird!
But so lovely to see them. :)
Yes, yes I do!!
Being librarian is a dream for me.

Have you heard of this show? I heard about it from my co-workers.  Yes, I talk books, read about books, read actual books, and share book things almost constantly.

Had a good run on the treadmill last week and it left me feeling so good! Then the sky was a warm, orangey color. 
And then a double rainbow!!
An outfit I liked. Back in my clogs and it feels so good!

I mean!! Seriously, so many rainbows lately.  They still amaze me, every single time.  They will never get old!

Betsy wrote me the sweetest note to take to work.

Anna made this fishing pole and her creativity blew my mind.

WOW! On the way to work. (yes I was safe, calm down)

See what I mean about those clouds? Absolutely stunning and captivating.
I always wonder if other people notice this stuff too.

A co-worker shared this. SO GOOD!

See what I mean? Engrossed (happily) in all things library.  Being librarian marries my love of creativity with my love of art and books.  

We had a rosy maple on the house recently! If I were a moth, this is the one I would be.

We also had two giant luna moths! Complete magic. 

(and yes, our deck needs stained again.)

Stunning. 
I was so surprised to see two! 

New favorite dress. 
The light in the library in the mornings feels like God is right there.

Another outfit I liked! These jeans (from Wal-Mart) and my clogs are my favorite, most comfortable combo.

We stumbled upon balloons!


Beautiful things in my mother-in-law's yard! 
We don't really have much that's pretty in our yard, but I always enjoy looking around hers.

That's another wrap! 

We are adjusting to this new season of school in the coronavirus. 
The only way I know to make it through this and not just survive it, but thrive it is to actively, one thousand percent pursue Jesus and joy. 

That's it.  If I let myself get wrapped up in the stress that is real right now, or the unknowns and what-if's or even in the sadness and the loss this year has brought on, my hope won't make it. 

Do I still have these mini moments, where I miss the old life we had before 2020? Absolutely.  I'm still human. I'm not actually Wonder Woman.  But I think it feels good and makes life a whole lot more fun to find the fun. 

I hope you can do that this week too.  Or if you can't, I hope you have a village that surrounds you with hope in the meantime. 

Sending you light and love. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara,
    As I was sitting at my computer beginning to prepare my lesson plans for the upcoming week, I was so excited to see your new blog post pop up on my computer screen!!:)
    Thank you for sharing what brings you Joy. Your posts always bring me Joy and I know the posts are things I can go back and look at when I need something happy and cheerful to look at and read. Your photos are amazing. You do a great job of capturing God's beauty.
    Hope you and your family had a great start back to school! :) I had an amazing start to school. Prayers were definitely answered. I'm not saying it was easy finding our new normal in school, but everyone was trying to make the best of it. :)
    Take care and stay safe everyone. :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.