Grilled cheese, tomato soup, and graduate school

(one yellow leaf I discovered on the school playground)
Apparently I'm back with another 3 word title.  It must be my new thing for the blog! The biggest thing I want to quickly write down so I know for sure it's true and still real is that I made it through my first week of grad school! You all, I am cheering so loudly on the inside and *almost* doing a dramatic cry I am just so darn relieved I settled into a routine and didn't drown the first week. 

Speaking of that, it wasn't all rosy.  It was TOUGH (like I knew it would be) the first few days getting my mind wrapped around what my studying time would look like, how much time I would need to spend studying, and how I would get it all done.  Life definitely didn't slow down this week and a few curveballs had me pretty exhausted.  But I told myself each morning to just make it to the end of the day and get everything done I needed to.  Then, start all over again the next day.  I only cried once-lol.  Just out of tiredness.  Luckily I've learned to talk firmly to myself when I'm tired and make myself go right to bed.  So on the tough day, that's just what I did and then I was ready to go the next day.  Last night we got home around 6:30 and it was rainy and cold out.  

Brett had a fire going and I made grilled cheese and tomato soup.  Then I crawled under the covers of my electric blanket and watched a show or two. It felt so incredibly nourishing.  Something that sounds totally cliche' but is totally true-taking really good care of myself allows me to take really good care of others.  I'm just now old enough or brave enough either one to take good care of myself and stick to boundaries without apologizing for it or wallowing in guilt. 

Now, on to some favorites from the week! I'm still not picking up my phone camera or real camera as often as I'd like, but it'll happen more often as I get more settled in this season.  Of that I'm sure. 
This IG account pleases me very much!

Incredibly inspired by this IG account.  A belief I held until about a year ago was that healthy must always mean a size 4 or 6.  Yet as I found myself eating healthy, exercising 3 times a week, and still a size 8 or 10 I couldn't cling to this outdated "truth" anymore.  People like this gal who show that healthy can come at every size are worth my follow. 
 Last week we continued learning about Martin Luther King Jr. in library.  I also had the fourth-grade students find another book character in the library that they thought was also a dreamer.  Then they listed the characteristics that a dreamer has.  I adored this one I found on the dry erase board, especially the rainbow amazing! 
Library lady style on Friday! I'm really liking these jeans I got on sale at Old Navy for $12.  My Pioneer Woman beads go with everything. #Sorrynotsorry for wearing them constantly!
This line.
Beautiful light found on the dining room table. 
Last weekend we watched for snow.  The weather forecast was quite generous in their predictions, as usual.  

We're enjoying this weird little in-between time of the year when Arkansas can't decide if it wants to be spring or winter.  Sometimes both in one day! 

The light sure is beautiful this time of year.  It's slow and lazy and lingers.  It feels like the light melts into the shadows, staying just a bit longer each night.  I can feel spring and summer beckoning, but for now we enjoy the last days and weeks of hibernating. 
Food prep for the win! 
Adult chores like cleaning out the fridge, prepping food, and laying out my outfits make me happy, happy, happy.  
A beautiful, winter sky. 
I notice when I take a sky photo I see rings in the photo from my camera.  I'm not sure why. Anyone know anything about this? 

Let's end with a kind story.  Someone from the local library did something incredibly kind for me this week.  They took a big to do off my list which was so generous!  I thanked them profusely, sharing that I had started grad school and that taking this task off my plate meant a lot to me. 

I received this email in response.  Isn't that just so incredibly kind? We need more light-bearers like this in the world.  It really does just take one small act of kindness to fill someone's heart with you. Rosy friend-I'm over here rooting for you! Take care of you.  Look hard for something rosy.  I'll see you back here soon. 
You’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome! J

I remember grad school and working and trying to live my life…in other words, YOU’VE GOT THIS!!! I’m rooting for you!


 Isn't that just so incredibly kind? We need more light-bearers like this in the world.  It really does just take one small act of kindness to fill someone's heart with joy. Rosy friend-I'm over here rooting for you! Take care of you.  Look hard for something rosy.  I'll see you back here soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.