I haven't lost the magic after all. (but I sure thought I did)

 I had an intense desire to create and paint and get my hands messy yesterday.  At first, I did everything else on my chore list to put off having to face the blank canvases and works in progress.  The big, lingering question in my mind is always "what if I really don't like anything I make? Like nothing?". It's completely normal to be an artist and make things you just don't like.  But my fear is always what if I've lost that bit of magic that makes my hands take over and my mind stop thinking so hard.  

I finally made myself a cup of coffee and shut the craft room door.  I told myself to just give it 10 minutes at least.  

I'm happy to say I painted so long it was soon time to get back to dinner and the Sunday evening chores and I wasn't ready to quit.  Turns out, I haven't lost the magic after all, it was just buried a bit.  
Work in progress.
A finished piece!
 My happy place!
A finished piece.

Art does indeed, wash from the soul the dust of everyday life as Picasso says.  
I am ready and excited to keep my painting up this year!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the creativity, and your colour palette! Refreshing ans so inspiring, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.