The rosy in my real life!

Hello friends! I'm here for another edition of "rosy in my real life!"  I tried to number these and do one for every week of the year, based off my favorite blog Shutterbean, but I only got through a couple of weeks before I got off schedule.  Then I decided trying to perfectly stick to a once a week post and number wasn't worth the headspace to worry over.  But I still keep showing up here anyway, sharing the photos snapped here and there that have brought a smile to my face.  

I read a line somewhere last week that said something along the lines of "the small things make us happy. " Honestly, I read SO much that I can't even remember the source.  Yet, the line stayed with me.  No matter what is truly happening in my outside or inside world, the one consistent thread that binds them all are these rosy moments.  The choosing to have a positive outlook, choosing to focus on the light found even when it feels dark, choosing to laugh at silly stuff, or try new things because that too brings a certain rosiness to life.  This rosy stuff?  A choice.  You can join in too! 

We'll start with the photo above: I went on an overnight trip with friends and bought the girls some stuff, including these heart sunglasses.  I thought this picture perfectly summed up Anna Ruth at age 8. 
Stumbled upon flowers for $1 or $3 at Lowe's! 
Yes!!
Speaking of books, we enjoyed a trip to our local, used bookstore. 
This cover makes me swoon.
And this! I could stare at "JOY" all day.  I adore the font/lettering. 
Would you believe as much as I adore cooking, I've never cooked from this cookbook? 
Breakfast date leftovers.  That purple kraut was our favorite thing on the entire table.
Following this old-fashioned car down the highway was dreamy.

So many turtle spottings this year!
A little chalk art love left by Brett. 
Then the girls added "and dad".  
Happy dining room!
A rare, clean picture with the remains of the girls' summer lunch-making in the process.
Peace!
We are enjoying garden veggies at all times of day.

We also enjoyed a trip to our Botanical Garden!


Firework fun!! 
We ate a ton of good food and did fireworks until almost 10:00.  
The girls and their cousin had the most fun ever!
A friend sent me a recipe for this Thai Watermelon Salad and it was so fresh and yummy!
Sweet Grandma and her love of butterflies.

Birthday boy! The baby of the family is now 3. 
Brett and I have been cooking together a lot, an easy at home kind of date.  
Last weekend we made homemade tortillas that were SO GOOD.

We keep having magical mornings with webs strung about.  
Y'all KNOW what this does to my heart!!!

Rainbow!!
God keeps His promises.
Weird, giant bug found on our porch.
A funny face found at the Botanical Garden! 

Now, your turn: what has been making you smile lately?  
Are you noticing the small things? 
I hope so. 

Sending you light, love, sunshine, and rosy days.

4 comments:

  1. We have been loving our summer here too! We took a couple short trips already and have been enjoying hanging out in the backyard. The best part of summer...being able to sit back and read or knit during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're also enjoying your summer! :) I so agree about being able to relax during the day. It is glorious!

      Delete
  2. We got the Betty Crocker cookbook for a wedding present 65 years ago.mine doesn't look as nice as yours.It has had a lot of use!😀

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.