Making art this summer!

 Someone asked me earlier this summer if I was still making art and honestly the question caught me by surprise.  Of course, I quickly responded! The truth is, I'm always making art.  Whether that means art journaling, sketching with a Sharpie, creating collages, or painting!  I forget though, that in our social media society that likes to show all when I don't post it other people don't know it's still happening! (lol) You know how I feel about this-I make art because it's just simply who I am and it fills my cup up to the brim!  I do it because it makes me feel happy. But, I also find value in sparking that same joy for others by sharing what I've been up to.   Here's a peek at a couple of things I've been playing around with in my art room this summer! 

I have another post coming soon with some fun scrapbook cards I stitched together as well! 
 Little works in progress!  I'm not sure where these looks are headed but that's the joy of it.  I'll either hang these in my own home, give them away, or possibly open my Etsy shop back up. Time will tell! 

I do love to turn a canvas around and use the "wrong" side, or the back, like you see with the little heart tucked inside.  
Having fun mixing colors and trying new color schemes!
I also really enjoy sitting down to sketch with a Sharpie.  My girls noticed me doing this and sat down to sketch their own coffee cups, even labeling them "Try 1, Try 2..".  Our kids are noticing what sparks joy for us! 

How about you? Have you been making time for art here and there? Do you love/need creating in your life as much as I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.