What I Wore

(quick little phone snap one Sunday as I took Brett some food on the porch)

Hi friends! I have much on my mind today and that little sneaky, doubting voice asked myself if it was completely ridiculous to post outfits when there are bigger things going on in the world. 
BUT, clothes and feeling good in my own skin are one of life's simple, great joys for me so here we are.  As Jen Hatmaker writes often, "LET ME LIVE." lol 

Besides, I do check my blog stats every now and then and most days I'm lucky if 20 people have read a post.  But these outfit posts? Almost 500 views.  Apparently other people have a hankering for bad selfies in a cheap mirror just as much as I do.   So here we are again friends! Another What I Wore post, coming from an almost 36-year old teacher/mom with a very limited clothing budget.  

I tell my girls all the time that it doesn't have to be expensive to look and feel nice! 
If you have questions about outfits or anything, feel free to comment below!
(oh yeah, I got a pretty big haircut too)
These shoes are SO comfortable!! They are from Target and I can easily wear them all day long without my feet hurting. I think they are the same brand as my overalls and shorts-Universal Thread.

Necklace is from Wal-Mart! I have to go to the Rogers one to get cute jewelry. 
Knock-off Birks from Wal-mart. Also, SO comfy!! I used to wear this top as a dress, but its obvs too short so now it works with jeans. 
H & M clearance dress.
Overalls for the win!! I still feel slightly self-conscious in these, like I'm just waiting on someone to ask if I'm expecting. Which I'm not and won't ever be again.. but the tummy I have left from my girls makes me a little self-conscious at times. But life is short friends, put the overalls on anyway!
Favorites! Necklace from Beautiful Lives Boutique, jacket from 410 Vintage (Both local shops), and shirt thrifted.  Shoes are from Shoe Carnival. 

"All Things With Love".  Old Navy wins for my favorite, positive t-shirts.

Old Navy jeans, necklace handmade by my beautiful niece!

I loved this dress from Old Navy until I went to sit down and the gaps in-between the buttons showed skin.  Boo! I'm thinking of getting rid of it for that very reason. Cute standing up, but not entirely functional.


My bff gave me this shirt. It means a lot to me! 





This is an outfit combo I tried on one Saturday when I was spending time in my closet coming up with ideas.  It got rejected by two of my most favorite people so I haven't been brave enough to wear it, lol.  Even though I DID ask for their opinion! 

I have two people I ask for advice with clothes, or maybe three people. That's it! The rest is up to me. 

And to end, let's look at the difference it really DOES make when we tuck our shirts in.  You all, I just confessed that my tummy is what I still get self-conscious about but I promise you it makes a big difference to tuck that shirt in!  

You can see the difference here for yourself. 

Better! 

Sorry I kind of dropped off with the clothing details there at the end.  I was running short on time and wondering if those details were helpful to you or not. 

Let me know your thoughts! To keep these posts up or not? 
Do they help or inspire you? 
Do you have questions for me? 
Share away! 

2 comments:

  1. For the dress that shows skin can you sew up some of the gaps , leaving enough that open just to get the dress on and off? Just and idea! Thanks for sharing and for blogging full stop!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley! Thanks for the tip on the dress! :) :)

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.