The rosy found in my real life lately.

Good afternoon, my dear readers.  I'm so thankful for the small tribe of you that show up here.  How are you, really? If you were to ask me the same I would say I have been working very hard at tackling each day with a rosy outlook and especially being on the lookout for life showing up as art.  The power of positivity and all that, you know.  Which I might add, is tremendously true!  I can just as easily have days that turn into weeks, where I notice nothing interesting or inspiring about my world as much as I can notice gobs of things here and there.  I/we hold that power. 

I do think I'm starting to realize (like TRULY realize) for the first time ever that I am actually an artist.  It seems at least once a day I find myself thinking that surely other people's hearts don't physically race with excitement at things like these steps above.  Maybe they do.  Whatever makes your heart race and tears spring to your eyes and chills leave goosebumps dancing on your arms-I hope you pay attention to that.  That's the stuff right there. 

So with all that swirls in my mind that doesn't make sense right now or bothers me, or tries to undo my cheerfulness like pulling on a stray thread that unravels the whole thing, with all that even I'm finding the joy, the delightful, the art, the rosy is still (always) in my real life.  Let's take a look. 

These steps were spotted on date night with Brett.  I wish I could have them at home! I especially love that they're chippy.  I haven't outgrown my love of chippy paint. 
Sprinkles on the school playground looked like polka-dots to me!
My DREAM vehicle spotted at the Farmer's Market.
I could stand to hear these a few more times. 
Louder for the ones in the back! 
Amen?!
Almost nothing excites me more than a fresh library stack.  Now that I've basically given up on my phone other than for listening to things I have a lot more time to read.  Nothing compares to a book in my opinion.   What are you currently reading? 

One day I trudged into work to be greeted by all this FUN in the teacher's lounge! It was birthday celebration day and the team that decorated made it so fun!! The other staff and I even left the lights off for a good part of the day so the disco lights could do their thing. 
Such unexpected fun! 
The art teacher and her classroom at school GIVE ME LIFE. 
Seriously.  This weaving is outside her classroom and I just want to crawl in there.
Two books that are really helping this working mama. 
Flower from a student!

We spotted this box of cards at gymnastics this week and I thought they were brilliant.  It's always been a dream of mine to find an art card somewhere in real life.  This got me thinking about painting some cards of my own to leave around my world. 
Oh my goodness, this is my favorite!  Betsy is a constant artist.  She is always doodling, coloring, sketching, and making little stories up.  You watch, she'll be a famous artist someday. 

This little drawing was for her teacher for Teacher Appreciation Day. I adore it.
We visited our kids museum and I got energized and recharged from all the art in the tinkering lab! 
I love shadows and light.  I wished I had some chalk to color in the shapes.  


We also visited our art museum and this exhibit especially caught my eye.  It pleases me very much! 
The girls know their way around our art museum and even have their favorite exhibits. 

I sure do love being an explorer of my world.  All I do is stay curious and there the magic is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.