Current Mood: thinking, listening, reading, pondering...

I'm totally stealing the "Current Mood" name from John Mayer's live IG show he puts on.  

Current Mood, rosy life style means simply sharing the thoughts that are circling my mind these days.  The shows I'm watching, the books I'm reading or want to read, the music that moves me, the things I'm looking forward to. I kind of "here's where I'm at" check-in.  

So, on the very brink of spring 2019, here is my current mood: 
Looking at swimsuits galore online.  Wanting a cute, functional suit because we're in the water a LOT.  Pondering if it's really worth it to pay $150 for some of the expensive suits, or simply spring for one off Amazon? (thoughts? Please share!) Already looked at Target and they either looked too old and frumpy or way too teeny-tiny. 

Listening to: a few songs from A Star is Born, Johnny Cash at the coffee shop, Christy Nickels lullaby album, City and Colour, Whitney Houston, and JohnnySwim. 

Wanting to read: Just Mercy, Us Against You.
Read and LOVED Becoming by Michelle Obama. It was one of my top favorite books I've EVER read.  I keep saying it in real life to people and I'll say it here-regardless of your political opinions, I think her book is worth reading.  For sure.  I also just read Educated, a very, very hard memoir for me to stomach.  It gave me belly aches at times, but also helped me to understand just how much some folks are dealing with.  Took a bit of my naivety about the world down a notch, which I'm always for.

Painting-Currently have 4 paintings on my counter and an art journal that is almost filled to the brim. I don't really show my works in progress or even my art journal.  At least not while I'm in the process of creating.  Because you know what? As much as I do adore sharing and hopefully inspiring others along the way, I'll let you in on a secret. I mostly create because it sets my insides free, makes my worries scurry, and gives a voice to the artist in me that God put there since birth.  I paint, quite simply, because it's fun.  I've read a few things lately about how we don't do things just for fun anymore, always feeling the urge to hustle "it", whatever our passion or hobby is.  That's a long way to say that I'm painting a lot and I adore showing my finished canvases and perhaps I'll even sneak a peek into my art journal soon.  But I'm creating because it's a very bright spot in my life.  Keep the light on friends.  As Jen Hatmaker wrote in her last book, if the only person your art is saving is you, DO IT.  It's worth it. 

Watching: Worst Cooks in America (lol), This is Us, New Amsterdam. I go through periods of more tv watching and less.  I'm currently usually watching while making myself exercise.  

Eating: Boiled eggs with this DELICIOUS stuff on top called Spicy Chili Crisp.  I'll have to share a photo with you soon. Also, Perfect Bars, egg tacos, and salads.  Oh, and root-beer Zevia and La Croix Cola for LIFE. 

Blogs I'm loving: Shutterbean, aliciafashionista.com, and teacher blogs!

Pinning: Classroom and teaching ideas, outfit ideas, and healthy recipes. 

Praying and pondering: getting a teaching job! Praying hard for just the right fit.  
And yes, I love being a working mom.  Everyone that asks always expects me to be stressed and completely overwhelmed.  But I'm happy to say, I'm not. :) :)
Also, foster care has never left my heart or mind.  A lot of my experience I'm getting to tap into in this season of my life.  

Looking forward to: Travel! We have some fun trips planned for this year I'm excited to plan and tell you about on the blog soon! 

Missing: warm weather, skirts and less layers (sorry turtlenecks, tired of you!), and my camera.  

Writing: in my journal a lot.  I've almost filled a whole journal! I've always said I would write a book.  So maybe these notes will lead to one someday.  For now, my journal is my healing spot, my dumping ground, my happy place.  It's all the things really! 

Exercising: 3 or 4 times a week.  I've been doing the treadmill a couple times a week and then using my kettle bell on the other days.  I'm feeling sore, strong, and good.  

Well friends, now it's your turn! What are you reading, watching, listening to, looking forward to, pondering, writing, and missing? 

We have snow chances this weekend so I suppose it's another weekend of being cozy and concentrating on the rosy. :)

Happy first day of March, rosy friends! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.