Finding the rosy in real life: Week 2

Morning! Happy Monday friends! You may have noticed I made a few changes to the blog.  I'm rather pleased with the outcome and I hope you are too.  You can now look to the right side of the blog to find archived posts, should you want to browse. 

Let's get into the rosy in my real life I've been documenting over the past few weeks.  You may have noticed I titled this post "Week 2".  Was there ever a Week 1 edition of this series?  Well, no not really.  My favorite blogger Shutterbean though, keeps a running tab of her Everyday Life and titles them according to what week of the year it is.  I am following suit and going to try and be intentional about posting one of these "finding the rosy in real life" once a week.  So here we are at Week 2 of 2019.  As for the rosy discovered, it's almost always there all along.  I just have to look harder sometimes to see it, hence the word "finding."  I'll admit, in the months of January and February I feel like I'm working really, really hard to find the treasures in life.  

But, they're still there! Let's take a look. 

We'll start with these gorgeous flowers made out of paper! Seen in one of my favorite cities (KC) at one of my favorite stores. (Paper Source)

 Tired, happy mama.  Girls that have my whole heart.
This stopped me in my tracks in the best possible way. 
 Almond milk latte's are just such a treat.  Plus, they always look like a work of art.
 My desk remains one of my favorite spots in the house. 
This was my Salvation Army find I spray-painted green.
That little stack on top makes me happy too.  It includes my food journal from Shutterbean (the blog), my personal journal, Body Kindness book, a decorating book, my planner, and my personal journal.  
 Proud to make the healthier choice of zoodles instead of pasta.  
 Meal-prepping salads for a week keeps me motivated, feeling well, and healthy. 
This was a Coconut Quinoa Slaw off Shutterbean's blog.  SO GOOD.

 Favorite breakfast place in the world. 
Messenger Coffee in KC.
 We tried a new art museum!
 Looking at this art installation straight on......
 looked so different from turning and seeing it from the side. 
Perspective changes everything. 
In people too, yes?

These shadows caught my eye.  I crave new sights to see, almost desperately this time of year.  It's so refreshing to get out of the house and take in the broader world. 
For some reason when I finished prepping this meal of roasted veggies the feeling I immediately had was proud.  I roasted a ton of different veggies, made a pot of quinoa, and put out all kinds of condiments to put on top. Delicious and everyone got to put what they wanted in their bowl.
Perfect afternoon reset. 
1/2 Perfect Bar and cup of coffee. 
(although I have now cut my afternoon coffee most days....)
I printed some photos and got them framed. FINALLY.  These are on display in my dining room.  Maybe I'll remember to snap a picture soon.  The frames are cheap ones from Dollar General and I love them!  The photos were printed at Bedford's in Fayetteville.  It was my first time using Bedford's and I was SO pleased.  I've previously used Walgreens and while they're ok for some things I haven't been super pleased with their coloring.  The photos can just end up looking so different in real life than they did on my screen.  Not Bedford's though.  The quality is just gorgeous.  I highly recommend paying more for them because there's no comparison to a cheap printing service! 

Also, please tell me you print some of your photos?! Please! 
These leftovers with an egg on top became a yummy breakfast.
Rediscovered some Mac lipstick in my drawer I've had for years. 
I think this will be the year of the red lipstick.

Yes!!!
Insert applauding here. 
The craft room looks dreamy again. 
I've been trying to get back into my painting...
I crave it, much like I do with exercise.  The work of it feels tough, but I always enjoy it after.  Again, like exercise. 
I don't even remember when I took this or where, but isn't it dreamy?!

Gifted some paintings for Christmas presents!
I also made a whole stack of handmade photo cards and delivered them to my friends and people around town.  
I sent some happy mail too and these shiny stars made me smile as I sprinkled them inside.

Colorful, feel-good salad prep!
Sweet Anna during prayer at church. 
We attend First United Presbyterian Church in Fayetteville and even teach a Sunday School class for adults if you're looking for a place to visit! 
We'd love to have you!
That light! 
Us.
Brett built a treehouse over the break and we all climbed up in it together. 
Don't tell anyone, but it secretly kinda scares me.  I'm so afraid the girls will fall out! 
But we don't let them go in without us and they sure do love it. 
Doing a bit of redecorating with some gorgeous Hobby Lobby clearance finds.
Awesome bird spotting at the Amazeum.
Scripture card found in a bathroom. 
A love note from God!
This light-up moon was one of my favorite Christmas gifts. 
As was Becoming, by Michelle Obama.  It's such a good book it truly deserves its own post.
We got "the girls" (ok, for me too really) this karaoke microphone for Christmas and it is SO much fun! You can turn it on with bluetooth so it will play music directly from your phone.
Shopping at Freckled Hen Farmhouse is always just my favorite.  This year we did some Christmas shopping there! I love to support local. If you haven't been in Natalie's shop, you MUST go.  It is just dreamy.
One morning on the way to work these geese flew in a v in front of me so long I had time to quickly snap a photo. (safely everyone, don't freak out)
We had the best time at Christmas taking in several light displays and doing all the holiday fun!
Now I'm trying not to panic at this lull of time before spring arrives. I never believe in wishing life away.  I'm trying to find ways to have fun instead of thinking "spring, hurry up!".  Can you relate?
Handwritten notes are my love language. Do people send these anymore or is our world all digital?
Read on a blog and it resonated. 
It's so true! 
It sounds phony, I get it.  I used to think of food journals as the lamest thing EVER, and really journals too.  Like ok, whatever, writing things down will help.  Sure. 
But guess what? It really does.  It, again, is like the practice of painting, creating, or exercise.  The thought of getting started may just be utterly hard.  But I promise you, just start!  By the end you'll be breathing better, having those feel good endorphins flooding your body, and just be so glad you did it! You might even want to paint/create/exercise/journal again.  I almost always do. 
My two babies! 
We'll end here.  Such a look at what real life victory sometimes looks like.  This was taken last night as I was trying out my new instant pot, while also exercising with my new kettle bell.  I also had dishes to do, a kitchen to clean, had the girls making their own lunches, and had started two fires in the stove and fireplace.  This is just real life folks.  It might not be a perfectly styled, curated, branded photo.  But it's my real life and in this moment I wasn't hearing the critics.  I was just proud for getting after it. 

This week, may you get after it! Get after your life, chase down some rosy and tackle it to the ground if you have to.  Hold tightly to what is good.  Tell your inner critics to be quiet.  Quote some scripture instead.  Turn up the music and bee-bop around.  Cook something new and put your phone away.  
Actually talk to some people.  Small talk even.  Maybe even paint or print some photos. 
Put some life back into this January. 

YOU CAN DO IT.

4 comments:

  1. Sara! This post! I love everything about it!! Your photos. My goodness! They make my heart and eyes so thrilled. That green desk is glorious! What a yummy spot of beauty. I'm also loving your food shares. I know in a past post you asked if we still read and what we would like to see. I would love to know more about your food prep. What kind of containers you're using, how you're roasting those veggies (mine are always sad and soggy and that gags me). I always THINK I'm going to start doing the food prep because of the simplicity of it but also because it's all just so pretty! I'm so pleased things are going well for you all. Congrats on a rosy start to a fun new year! :) ~Sydnee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for your kind, encouraging words Sydnee! :) I hope I helped with the food prep post! Let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete
  2. I love all your food prepping - so encouraging. I love my Instant Pot too! My first visit today - thanks for showing me around ♥

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.