from the pages of my art journal...

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life", says Picasso.  I couldn't agree more.  If you've been around for a while then you know how much I truly adore art and have for years.  That passion has looked different in varying stages of my adult life.  I've had two different Etsy shops where I sold my art and photographs, have painted on a daily basis, have scrapbooked, planned arts and crafts for my girls, and basically always engaged in some kind of art.  At times the reward or goal has been monetary, and although I still occasionally find myself selling a handful of paintings a few times a year that isn't my intent for my art. 

Creating, painting, and drawing simply makes me happy.  Jen Hatmaker said in her last book that if the only one your passion saves is you, it's enough.  This really freed me up when I read it.  We women seem to have this complex about doing something just for the pure fun of it.  Carving out time for my art journal is something that brings me joy alone.  I will say though, I hope sharing these pages brings you joy and leaves you aching to create also. 
My creating happens once or twice a week at this stage in life.  Although I'm holding out for Thanksgiving and Christmas break when I'm hoping to have a bit more time! 

I like to use acrylic paints (Goldens-$$$ and cheap ones from Hobby Lobby), pastels, magazine scraps, and scrapbooking supplies.  I buy scrapbooking cards and stickers at Tuesday Morning where they are deeply discounted!







:) My girls also have really come to love my craft room and sitting in there to create.  I love having them and seeing their eyes light up with ideas.

"The noblest art is that of making others happy."-
P.T. Barnum

Art is less about me seeing big dreams come true and making big money. 
It's about this.  Making myself and others happy with this beautiful medium called art. 

Go make some art! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.