Christmas Decorating!

The house has been decorated for Christmas!  All this color and all these lights help fight the darkness that comes SO early this time of year.  The dark is my worst enemy-I am a sunshine, summer kind of gal all the way.  I actually decorated quite early this year, earlier than ever before.  I just didn't share online because people have all these feelings about when to decorate or not and admittedly, I used to be one of them! I read a blogger (I think it was Meg of the Whatever Craft House) post something along the lines of this season being so packed that if putting things up a bit earlier gives a family time to enjoy it more, so be it.  For some reason this year that really stuck with me and so here we are! 

The details of the mantle:
I gathered books from the house and put them in rainbow order, because everything is better in rainbow.  The mirror was brought in from the porch, the tall fabric-wrapped trees were homemade a few years back (as were the stockings), and the wreath is a $2 project from Dollar Tree.  I simply wrapped the gold star tinsel (seen hung beyond the stockings too) around the wreath.   Easy! 
Doesn't this just make you happy?! 
It does me. 
(major plug for my upcoming photography class in January-want to learn how to take your own "blurry", on-purpose photo?  Come learn with us! More details can be found in this post!)

.......our tree! 
If you're wondering if it really DOES have rainbows all over it-yep, you're seeing right. 
I think this is the first year we've had colored lights and I just adore them! First the girls and I put up the tree, with the help of Brett.  We then added the lights and all the decorations we unpacked.  Last I clipped handprinted rainbows on and Anna Ruth hung a million gold hearts she made out of pipe cleaners.  
This is pretty much my idea of a perfect morning.  Robe on, fire going, time to enjoy the pretty lights.

My girls and I before heading out on a shopping trip to Freckled Hen Farmhouse!
The rainbows in progress! These were so much fun to paint.  
I'm realizing I don't have any pictures of the rest of our home decor. 
Not a pro-blogger, once again.  Just a real life one. 

Decorating was so much fun and it is so enjoyable to come home and plug the lights in on the tree.  
So do you enjoy decorating?
Are you more of a traditionalist when it comes to the Christmas color scheme or do you color outside the box like I do? 



2 comments:

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.