Happy Birthday to my Grandma!


Happy, happy birthday to one of the most special women I'll ever know-my Grandma! 
When I think of fun and laughing 'till we cry, I think of her. 
We once took a road trip to California and Grandma and I couldn't handle being in the backseat together because we'd have a fit of giggles and simply couldn't stop. 

When I think of great conversation and true listening, I think of her. 
Grandma always looks people right in the eye and listens for as long as she needs to. 
She also gives out advice in just the right amount, not too much, not too little. 

When I think of someone who truly takes care of those around them, I think of her. 
Grandma remembers every birthday and anniversary, without fail. 
I get more real mail in the mailbox from Grandma than anyone else.  
She thoughtfully remembers us all! 

When I think of a selfless soul, I think of her. 
I've often said that the one place I get to be just Sara and get taken care of, is at Grandma's.  Coffee and conversation always await, a delicious meal prepped ahead of time.  Seconds at Grandma's are a must.  So is a good linger around the table afterwards. 

When I think of energy, I think of her. 
Grandma can keep up with all of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and that's saying a lot because there are a lot of us! 

When I think of someone who asks about the small details of my life, I think of her. 
After a painting sale, Grandma will text and ask how it went.  If someone is sick in our family, we have something new happening (like a job or kindergarten), Grandma is sure to send a text over and check in. 

When I think of my blog's biggest fan by FAR, I think of her. 
Grandma always lets me know she's reading my blog, year after year. 
Hi Grandma! 

When I think of someone with a big heart, behind-the-scenes, I think of her. 
My twin recently told me Grandma kept half and half just for her when she came to visit.  Tucked into the freezer and taken out when my twin shows up.  
You know what the best thing is about all this? 
I'm just one person who's life is so much richer because of my Grandma. 
Scores of people could write their own posts and each would be as equally true. 

Vincent Van Gogh says "I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people." 
Grandma, you are an incredible artist and I love you.
"I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words, how wonderful life is now you're in the world."

Happiest of birthdays to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.