rosy in the real life: Week 2

I am for real channeling the "rosy in the real life" this morning.
We've had quite the morning and I am home from work today, due to a sick kid. 
One of my kiddos got super sick in the car line.  All over everything in the car.  
(TMI?) If you're a mom, you get it.  What do we do in times like this?  Just power through. I quickly called in to work, called my daughter in sick, got the other daughter into the school building, and came home.  Next came showering my girl, starting two loads of laundry, and scrubbing out the entire backseat.  Also, administering medicine, holding my daughter's hair, and helping her get comfortable.  This is just real life as a mom! Moms are the toughest, most hardworking people I know.  I am praying my daughter is all healed and our lives resume tomorrow.  It is so hard to watch your kids be sick. :( And I am really missing my school kiddos! 
 I guess I'm not totally alone because the office lady said this happened to a couple of kids last week in the car line too.  
Anyway, that's enough sick talk.  Sorry if this totally grossed you out.  I don't usually like to post this kind of stuff online, but you have to know it isn't all cupcakes and rainbows around here all the time.  Rosier moments ahead! 
The shadows in our bedroom caught my eye one day.  There's something so relaxing about this image.  Makes me want to crawl back under the covers. 
I was speaking with one of my bff's about a need I had recently and then she texted me this later that night.  Perfectly on time.
Lol times a million jillion.  Look what someone (appropriately) did at the grocery store with a greeting card! A lot of people don't know that I have a sense of humor and find things like this very, very funny. :)
Happy on a Friday.

That'll preach John Mayer.

We enjoyed some time in our second favorite city this weekend! KC! 

Again, with the #momlife.  This is what shopping with two helpers is like! 
Old Navy for the win lately!  
(and I got the dress, just in a smaller size so it didn't look like I was wearing a giant sack)
Representing our hometown! 
We got asked about the girls' shirts quite a bit. :) 
Arkansas fans unite!

Love these two.  They make my life extra fun, first paragraph of this blog post and all! 
Seriously, kids get such a bad image sometimes, but I think they're the best.





I'm feeling rosier already, just revisiting these photos. 
This is my favorite coffee/eating spot ever.  EVER.  
It is called Messenger Coffee and is in Kansas City, MO. You can watch behind the counter as they make all the bread by hand.  The interior is gorgeous and full of natural light.  Their hot sauce is the stuff my dreams are made of and I even got to purchase a small container of it to bring home.  As soon as Brett and I discovered this place on our own a month or so ago we knew we wanted to bring the girls back.  That's just what we did.  They made it even MORE exciting for us and just loved all the pastries and pretties.  

That's about it for now folks! 
Please pray my girl feels better and the rest of us stay germ-free.  
What is rosy in your world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.