rosy in the real life: Week 1

Week 1 of what, you're wondering? 
Of this! 
I've been giving my blog some thought and would like to get back to more regularly scheduled posts, sharing things like my everyday life and the rosy I see, books I've read and music I've loved, recipes and food, and the art that I'm creating or making behind-the-scenes.  

Today, let's start with this: the rosy in my real life.  I have phone snaps of this and that, things that have made me smile.  I imagine you do too.  I'm always a huge cheerleader for actually DOING something with our photos, even if that means letting a friend, a blog, or your own eyes revisit your moments to give you a visual reminder of the richness of life.  I don't share a lot of phone snaps typically.  I have an old iPhone 5 and while I don't think the camera necessarily determines the artistic level of your photo, I DO prefer the quality of a DSLR.  Sorry iPhone, there is a certain craft and quality that my Nikon possesses that you just don't have.  And yes, I've even seen the fancy pics the iPhones take. I'm just old school and "to each their own."  This, is my own.

Here's a look at a series I am going to continue regularly, the rosy in my real life!

Let's start with this adorable photo of my girls.  We went to our Farmer's Market and the most amazing, creative lady had an epic face-painting booth set up.  The girls were transformed within a matter of minutes!  
I like the vibe going on here. 
Captured my sweet hubby taking a moment.  Actually, being patient on his girls while we were enamored with the face painting. 
My favorite local chocolate is Markham and Fitz!
Rainbows spotted in the back of Brett's truck, among the junk. 
Beauty, waiting to be seen.
I love being a working mama! 
I love my job! :) 
Saying "see you later" to our most favorite library lady EVER.  
This lady right here is the sole reason the Springdale Public Library became such a safe haven and special, fun place for my family and I.  I used to roll into the library with my massive double stroller, Cheerios carefully laid on the trays, holding my breath and hoping it would sustain the girls long enough for us to get some books.  And if we were lucky, maybe for me to even get a book or two.  Inevitably it would seem like every time one of the girls would end up doing the limp noodle.  You know what I mean-making their bodies as limp as a noodle and sliding out of the stroller, tears cascading the entire time.  Oh my word, it was hard and mortifying.  But Miss Erin kept being SO kind and telling us to come back, that it would get easier and easier if we kept making this a part of our routine and a habit. 

She was right.  So right. 
The library, over time, became such a fun, joyful place for us to go.  We became friends with Miss Erin and grew to truly love her.  She has a new baby and is starting on a new work adventure so we went to her going away party at the library.  This lady is pure gold.
Cleaning off the counters and minimizing junk has made for a great start to the school year! 
That blue Ikea cart now holds all the school papers, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc. we need to get out of the door in the morning!

We had another very fun trip to the fair this year!
We got to meet up with my older sis and her kids. 
There is nothing better than the fair with cousins!

For the past three weeks we've had a major fireplace/roof reno happening at our house. 
While it was difficult for my introvert self to have extra people around the house after coming home from work, our fireplace guy did an excellent job! 
Locals, if you need a fireplace guy-message me!
Loving Old Navy clothes lately. :) 
Even if their pants sizing isn't always accurate.  
Such cute, cute stuff there lately!
This patch of light made me gasp. 
It was shimmering and moving across the floor because of the wind outside. 
Loving this lipstick! 
Two kinds really: 


And that's all for now folks! Off to work I go. 

Tell me-what is bringing the rosy in your real life? 


1 comment:

  1. You all are pure gold too! I am so glad you never gave up coming to the library! Blessed to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.