Living in fight or flight


Happy Sunday lovelies! I want to pop in and give a quick nugget of truth my chiropractor shared with me during my most recent adjustment.  He asked if I still blogged and I responded with a yes and then told him about the super long foster care post I'd just written.  I said it was too sad/hard for me to have to explain our story over and over so I was hoping the blog post would help clear the air a bit. 

He then responded along the lines of this-
When our bodies/minds/hearts are replaying old hurts over and over we're making our bodies take that "fight or flight" path.  That path for me feels like anxiety, stress, and unnecessary exhaustion. 
The same goes for the future.  When we choose to look ahead and play over and over in our minds what we think will happen, again we are forcing our bodies into that fight or flight reactive mode.  This mode keeps us alive and is necessary for our survival, sure.  

But it's not healthy to live day in and day out in this mode.
I had never realized how much power WE actually have over not only our minds, but our body's physical reactions day in and out. 

There's a Sunday Sabbath truth for you to dwell on! 
Courtesy of my chiropractor. 

(Need an excellent chiropractor who also knows their stuff when it comes to health? 
Check out Generations Health and Wellness in Fayetteville for the sweetest/smartest husband and wife duo for all your chiropractic needs! )


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.