I'm still standing!





Hi Rosy friends! I'm baaaaaack! With Elton John's "I'm still standing" going through my mind I might add.  I'm not feeling near as perky as I sound this morning.  Spring has decided with it being May and all it would go ahead and show up in Arkansas.  But not just show up, show up AND out if you know what I mean.  I could scrape the pollen off my back deck table with a knife and there would still be plenty left to go around.  My eyes are feeling #allthefeels but my mind is saying "Yay!!" because at least we have crossed over the threshold into farm days and nights, garden talks and walks, and adventuring our way into the weekends instead of being tucked inside. 

First things first, you may have noticed a slight change when you came to the blog.  I made a new home page that you'll be automatically directed to when you come to my regular blog address.   From there you can easily click on "blog" or some of the other categories, like photo sessions.  I must also add that my laptop died (completely) about two weeks ago.  It was right about the time when we were packing our little one up, and didn't even catch me by surprise.  Of course, my laptop (full of notes from the last season, photos, etc.) would decide to be done just as our last season was done. I had the thing 10 years and it was a very good run.  

I have truly enjoyed this mini break from social media, as one does.  Trust me, if you haven't tried it, go for it. I said just the other day that I wondered how I had ever posted on IG 2 to 3 times a day.  It makes my extroverted introvert heart start to panic just thinking of it.  Y'all, I ADORE an IG story.  I have my faves and watching is my treat after a productive day.  But I just don't think this gal (umm, that's me I'm referring to) has it in her to be one of these mega-branded IG and blogger rockstars.  Instead, you'll have to settle for real life me.  

Real life me means that I'm showing up in this space again extra motivated to show all the sides and stories of my life, not just the pedestal ones. (Pedestal: losing 20 pounds.  Real-life: gaining some back and learning loving myself isn't about the number on the scale. I'm almost 35 and STILL learning!)  You guys, someone recently said to me "I bet you're one of those moms who doesn't just feed their kids spaghetti and tacos." Ummm, what?! I immediately set the record straight and said "You're right.  We don't just do spaghetti and tacos.  We also do pb and j."  Insert laughing emoji here!   I just get so tickled (most days) about the tomfoolery that goes on in "screen world."  I don't know about you, but I don't need another perfect looking house, body, exercise routine, meal, or photo to mess with my mind.  I do need, however, some real girls and women who are doing their best and will throw in the imperfect with the perfect.  Y'all, these types of people are simply my FAVORITE.  My absolute favorite.  Can you laugh at yourself?  Let's be friends.  Do you adore comedy that pokes fun at regular life?  Let's be friends too.  I'm thinking stuff like Jim Gaffigan comedy, Melissa Radke or Candace Payne on IG, The Office.  

A lot of change has occurred for us in the past few weeks, mainly with getting our little one moved to their new home. What a saving grace humor has been! I have made multiple people cry just by telling them this news-the dentist, the cashier at Natural Grocers, the best friend I've had since birth.  I only bring that up because if you know me well, you know I befriend those in my regular community, whether they be the grocery clerk, the lovely lady working at Target (Hi Clarissa!), or the neighbor that walks by regularly.  It has been so wonderful to be able to answer honestly the past few weeks when those around me have asked how we're doing.  

We're doing pretty well by the way.  I can only let the memory of our little one sit in my brain for about five seconds though before the tears jump back into my throat.  My, how we pray for them.  I want to say this though, we knew this was part of the process.  And if we can do it, so can you.  I'm still hearing "I just don't think I could foster and then give a child up." But you could. 

You. Could. 
Because we have.  And I'm still one of the most sensitive people I know.  And I'm still standing! We are settling into a new routine, and over the next few months I look forward to sharing a variety of things on the blog again. Both the perfect AND the imperfect.  Have something you'd like to see on the blog? Let me know! I will gently remind you that while my heart aims to share all sides of life, my "medicine", super-hero power, and tool for life is to look hard for the rosy.  So you will always see a good dose of achingly beautiful photos here, but it doesn't mean my life is perfect.  It is with this view however, that I'd love to capture your own real life beauty.

Come back tomorrow for information on spring and summer photo shoots! 

1 comment:

  1. Girl, let's be chums. You amaze me and I admire you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.