DIY foraged wreath


This time of year is simply my favorite for so many different reasons.  Mostly because our lives on the farm are very much dictated by the seasons and we are also very much outdoor people.  In fact, I can't imagine not being an outdoor person. Gardening, eating outside, farming, roaming, foraging...these are the things our dreams are made of.  It's no secret I adore gathering whatever I can find on the farm, whether it be wildflowers,  vines of leaves, dried plants, or feathers.  There is something so deeply satisfying about making something from seemingly nothing.  I imagine I'll have quite a few blog ideas for using flowers and foraged finds this spring and summer!  Today I want to start with this little time-lapse video I did of making a wreath from leaves and dogwoods.  

If you follow along on IG you know I'm a work-in-process when it comes to video (well and in all ways really, lol).  So here's my somewhat wonky, less-than-perfect video of how I put together this lovely wreath. 


 The final result!  


 You can see the first natural wreath I made already hanging on the bed.  I made it the week of Easter and it has since then dried but still looks lovely! 
 This was so incredibly easy to make I can just imagine a whole dinner party with wreaths on all the chairs.  Wouldn't that be dreamy?! 
As always, I'm never short on ideas. 


I don't know about you, but that bed looks ready to crawl in for a nap!

I hope you are inspired to get outside and forage for your own natural goods today! 

5 comments:

  1. so pretty hanging in your room with the twinkle lights and all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Emily! Those stay on year-round, 24 hours a day :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank-you so much! It was so much fun to make!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.