Our trip to Dallas

About a week ago Brett needed to travel to Dallas for a work trip and lo and behold, we decided to tag along.  I made up my mind to go and then not go…and then go again time after time.  I was worried about the traffic because I've never driven in city traffic before and I wasn't sure the girls would sleep well for two nights in a hotel.  Basically I was being a worry-wart and party-pooper all wrapped up in one.  Then adventure got the best of me and we decided to go.  

I am so, so glad we did! 

The drive there was supposed to take 5 and 1/2 hours and instead took 7.  YIKES.  I had us well-stocked with snacks and entertainment so we were ok…just going stir-crazy.  The girls slept awesome in the hotel the first night though and we headed out to the Dallas Zoo first.  I was beyond proud I made it there by myself with the girls and didn't get lost! 




My favorite thing about this zoo was how interactive the children's section was and how friendly the staff was!  This nice lady let the girls plant some wildflowers and then water them with mini watering cans.  They were thrilled! 



I mean seriously, how adorable!



After the morning at the zoo we headed to Sonic for lunch (not good, but it worked) and then went to the Dallas Arboretum, which is their botanical garden.  Two things: one-this place cost a small fortune to get in and we didn't even have to pay for Betsy.  The real kicker was the extra $15 for parking; two-this place was AMAZING and worth every single penny we paid.  We should have arrived at 9:00 and spent the entire day there.   Even the $ for parking was worth it because we parked in a parking garage and I wheeled the stroller and girls in the tunnel that went under the road to enter the garden.  It was so easy and safe. 


I seriously almost don't even know what to say about this place, it was just unbelievable!  It was built right next to the lake so everywhere we walked in the children's garden had a view of the lake.  It was breath-taking. 

There were many, many interactive exhibits for the kiddos to learn and play with, from nature to flowers to water.  The girls could have easily spent an entire morning just in the kids section alone!



After we were done playing we quickly walked over to the main garden and only got this far! 

The Pumpkin patch/houses were a sight like I've never seen! I read there were 75,000 pumpkins and gourds there.

Just magic.  




The "funny" (kinda) part is it was at least 95 degrees while we were there.
Like miserably hot.  But these pumpkins sure put the autumn spirit in you, don't they?!



I think this bumpy one was my favorite. 

My princesses.







Overall this trip was so much fun! I felt like I'd won an award for bravery for driving in the traffic, the girls slept great in the hotel both nights, Brett had a good work trip, and we stopped at Ikea real quick on the way home.  It was such a treat to get all the time in the car with Brett and the girls did really well riding that long!  We made it to the last hour of the trip home and Betsy Grace started saying "Get me outta here!"  lol.  :)  This trip woke up my adventurous spirit again!  

Where should we go next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.