{diy} Chai Tea


 Things feel far from fall on this hot, last of summer day.  But, a week or so ago we had "cooler" temps (like 70's maybe?) and with my toes snuggled under a blanket I anticipated the nights spent curled up with a book, next to the wood-burning fire.  I love a warm drink on a cold night as much as anybody.  Sometimes I opt for a plain cup of tea, warmth coming as easily as dipping a tea bag in some hot water. Yet other nights I crave something a bit more special, a bit more of a treat.  
 Enter this wonderful-smelling and tasting chai tea. 
I first read a similar recipe here and decided to make the recipe my own by simplifying the ingredients and process.  Although if you are in a creative food rut or looking to eat clean, delicious food, definitely give this original recipe a look as well as the rest of the Minimalist Baker blog!  It's highly inspiring. 
(here)
To make this super easy, super comforting and tasty chai tea you only need three things: 
Cashew or Almond milk (plain, unsweetened)
Tazo Chai Natural Spiced Black Tea bags
and Honey! 
To make simply brew the tea by dropping one tea bag in a small pot of water on the stovetop.  Once the tea is nice and dark, lift the tea bag out and add some cashew or almond milk.  Sweeten with a bit of honey and you're done!  Pour into your favorite mug and let the warmth go all the way to your toes. 
At the end of photographing this decadent treat I had a little helper. :) 

She's as sweet as honey! 
Raise a glass of chai tea and let's make a toast to cozy nights that are sure to come. 
If you make this, let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.