Art journal and new prints in shop! (oh, and Christmas too)

Here's a peek at what I've been up to in my art journal the past few days!

Some pages you may think you're seeing on repeat..
and you probably are.  Sometimes I like to go back to my art and redo it, add something here or there, or even completely paint over the parts I don't like (see the picture below for reference! I painted (or tried to) completely over the words because I didn't like how it looked)



And then some page spreads are completely new and pretty much my fave because they were created out of fun and love and passion for art.  Perfectionism set aside.

Like, I really, really love how the three page spreads below turned out!
(ok, and Miss Rosy above)





Other times I simply make a few marks on the page and then continue to add layer after layer...days later sometimes.  

These two art prints are available in the shop as 8x10's! 
They can also be made into a special order as a greeting card 
(prices are $5.50 plus shipping)

I saw several people posting their Christmas inventory as soon as October 1st hit and it was a bit of a shock to me.  I was just ready to dig my toes deep into my cowboy boots and hopefully (fingers crossed) get to huddle under a warm blanket this weekend.

So I guess all that to say.....the Christmas items are coming to my shop soon!
Perhaps I'm missing some big marketing strategy by not posting them yet....
but I think I'll stick with being me and what feels right in my artsy heart.

And that is to wait, at least 'till next week. :) :)

I'll have Christmas tags, banners, art prints...
and maybe even an advent calendar or two. 
We'll see. :)


3 comments:

  1. I adore all your journal pages. I look forward to seeing your Christmas inventory. It still feels like summer in Southern CA.....100 degrees today:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your boho-themed designs and illustrations. They're very soothing to look at, and the colors you use definitely scream earthly. I’m hoping to see more artworks from you soon, Sara. More power!

    Travis White @ Marketing Digest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your art journal just totally portrays how you're such a pro in what you're doing. Going back to your older arts and redoing them seems a great idea, because you'll see the all of your improvements as an artist. I like how the pages are displayed fully opened, with a bit of abstract on the left and a neat and minimal painting on the right. They all show balance and emotions on your art journal. I'm sure your art prints will sell out real well. Thanks for sharing that, Sara! Kudos and more power to you!

    Ann Boone @ Apex Business Team

    ReplyDelete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.