Park, Painted nails, Peace like a river.

 Be still my mama heart.  Anna Ruth got her first painted nails.  She was pretending the other day like her toy was "nail polish".  Considering I have chronically ugly fingernails and can't ever seem to keep polish on them (paint, that's another story) I was surprised.  I expectantly asked her if she wanted her nails polished and was most surprised when she said "yes". 
 I think I held my breath during the whole process, seeing as Anna Ruth is my neat and tidy little one.  She almost never prefers a mess and doesn't quite know what to do when Betsy Grace is wallowing right in the MIDDLE of a mess!  She patiently sat still for one hand to be done and then just couldn't take anything else being put on her hand.  She decided she was all done, one hand painted and all.  Isn't it the sweetest, tiniest yet biggest, little hand you've ever seen? I about made Brett cry when I showed him.  He grinned so big I thought his smile would bust.

 We also had a rare moment in the kitchen where I let Anna Ruth help.  Mamas of one baby will think that's awful and I might have too before Betsy Grace came along.  It's just the tiny season we're in, where Betsy's no longer a baby who sits in the seat and watches.  But she's also not big enough to jump right in and help with things like plastic knives.  So I'm sorry to say Anna Ruth gets to help sometimes, but not all the time like she used to.  I'm waiting for a few more months and then both girls will be closer to the same developmental age.  Anna Ruth did awesome using the plastic knife to cut the strawberries!  

 Because of that little age gap I just mentioned, regular everyday things have become a mountain of a task.  Betsy Grace is SUCH a daredevil so usually while I'm cooking or emptying the dishwasher I'm looking behind my back or over my shoulder to see what she's in, delightful little brave gal that she is.  It has made me the most skittish I've ever been in my life!  Basically I'm a nervous wreck but sure am getting a lot of exercising chasing after her.  Which would help (maybe) explain the two week break from jogging.  But I'm glad to say I'm trying to jump back in...

And so some tasks I've just simplified or quit altogether for right now.  It's definitely more worthwhile for both the girls and myself to choose joy over frustration just because they're both curious and growing and healthy.  

 This day I decided to forgo the "cleaning day" status and go to the park instead.  It's beyond beautiful outside, we'd be tracking in stuff for days from all the fun outside, and before we know it summer will be here with hot, hot, hot temperatures.  Sounds like a million reasons to have fun outside instead of task-mastering inside to me.
 We met my twin sis and her kiddos at the library first,
and then headed next door to the park and pond.  


 After playing the girls and I had a picnic.  

I mean, is this not the cutest?! 
 Seriously. 
Tears jumping in my throat and headed straight to my eyes.

That's my whole heart sitting right there on the bench.  




It looks to me like these ducks are catching up on the pond gossip......
"Did you hear the news?!"
"In short, all good things are wild and free."
I'll amen to that. 
This day brought peace like a river flowing through our home.  Much needed. 
Thank-you Jesus for your beautiful blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.