Love at first swipe.

Watercolors. 
Dreamy, vibrant or pastel. 
Dark-hued or light. 
Love at first swipe.
I'm a lover of pretty much any art or creative form.  Sewing, art journaling, collage making, painting, banners.......I'm excited by almost every kind of creative process I can get my hands on.  One day Anna Ruth and I were watercoloring with a Crayola set of paints.  Which work just fine by the way!  You don't need fancy materials to express your creativity. 

And it made me want to paint more.  I let that thought and desire lie dormant for far too long for far too many silly reasons (remember my Internet post?)  

One day at Hobby Lobby I picked up this watercolor kit for $5.99.
 Love at first swipe. 
I think if my thoughts were to have an art form, it would be watercolors. 
I love how dreamy the colors look, going bold (with less water) for the strong emotion days. 
Or, on the soft, whimsical days-more water.  The paints can change with your emotion, mood, or thought you have to express.  I like that.   

I can't wait to experiment more with them and see what else I can make.  So much possibility, so many colors!
I also had fun getting creative with our Christmas packaging this year also.  A big motto, theme, or life goal right now for myself is to stop thinking I always need more.  (The book 7 by Jen Hatmaker ruined me). 

So we had this roll of wrapping paper we've had for the last 2 or 3 years.  A giant roll, like never-ending.  I really didn't want to use it to wrap presents with again, but why would I need to buy more when we already had some?  I decided to challenge myself to wrap each present in the paper and then see how I could customize each one.  

This turned into a very fun project for me and I was pleased with the results! 
Another win for creativity and being frugal.

Even brown bagging it can look cute! 
I clipped together a doily, photograph from my shop, a scrapbook card, and pretty ribbon 
to dress up this plain brown bag, also gifted at Christmas.  

What have you done creatively lately, using what you already had on hand?

2 comments:

  1. Sara, I challenged myself to use things I had on hand to sew the gifts that I made for the grandkids this year.I was surprised at how little I had to purchase to complete 9 projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Momma, I truly learned from the best. Love you :)

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.