Tulsa Girls Weekend

I was blessed, lucky, honored, thrilled, tickled pink, and ecstatic to get a girls weekend away recently.  My twin sis and best friend since college drove to Tulsa for the weekend.  

Can't you feel my excitement?! :) 
We got to stay at my friend's brother's house, which was amazing.  He was traveling/busy for the weekend and was kind enough to let us use his house.  Such generosity!  His home looked like a historic one. It was awesome (living in a historic home still sounds so charming to me) 

This is my beautiful TWIN sis.  Did you know I'm a twin?  It's always strange to me when I meet people now who didn't know me then.  And who have no idea that I'm a twin.  Then, when I was creative but less confident, had terribly short hair, and worked at Wal-Mart.  It's so nice having people who've known you for the long haul.  There's just something about good, enduring friends.  And a bonus if they're family. :) 

The girls were mortified that I made them pose in front of the Anthropologie wall but look how great their pictures are! :)  Such beauties. 
The charming house we stayed in.  We watched t.v. (one of the strangest/funniest episodes of What Not to Wear EVER), played Heads UP (an app that's like charades), ate treats, and painted our nails.  

We also shopped, shopped, shopped.  I was most proud of finding some super cute clothes at the Goodwill in Tulsa. And getting to visit Anthropologie and buying a new mug and dish towel. I sound like a contradiction-putting Goodwill and Anthro in the same sentence. 

I almost fell over from the sheer joy of the creativity in Anthro......My eyes almost couldn't take it all in. I even saw a shelf there made from a board stacked on top of two large Mason jars.  Totally just like in my kitchen.  

This weekend was just what I needed.  It was time away, clothes obsessing, food eating, picture-taking, coffee drinking, laughing, spying, shopping, fried avocado, cheesecake, 

grace.  Just the "oomph" I needed......
my energy's been recharged! 
{What do you do to recharge?}

Comments

  1. Love to see your "happy pictures" of time away! It's so necessary for our mommy hearts and minds to refuel and rejuvenate with times like that!

    Now............I want to see a picture of your "super short" hair. *I* have always had super short hair--like Halle Berry/pixie short and I'm a BIG FAN!! But there are so few of us out there (who love and ROCK the short hair, if I do say so myself!) and I see you've let your hair grow now so I'm just being nosy and asking for a pic of "short haired Sara"! :-) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's chat. :) Penny for your thoughts!

Popular Posts