It's beginning to look a lot like.....

 Christmas?! Yes, you read that right.  I told my bro-in-law this week that my house was already decorated in winter/Christmas style.  His response: "Aren't you supposed to wait for Thanksgiving to be over for that?"
Haha-not when you're 9 months pregnant! Am I on the verge of crazy at this point? Probably. My thinking was/is, if I don't decorate now it just won't happen. I want to soak up time with my girls (and Brett!) this holiday season. Taking in the sights, sounds, smells, and joys of watching two girls experience the Christmas season. Enjoying my home and the color and happiness I've arranged here and there.
 Oh, and sleep! When my girls get laid down-this Mama is going to need some serious rest! Will I still craft/decorate come new baby? Sometimes probably. It is such a happy thing for me to do. Plus-I have plans in the works for the Rosy Retreat I mentioned on my Reader's Poll! For now, here's a sneak peek at our winter-ish decor that should last until January (or later) AND-unless Betsy arrives super early I'd like to get some DIY Tutorials posted soon to explain how you can easily incorporate these ideas in your home too!
 One area I've spent some extra time on lately is the front porch.  It was beginning to look like the holding place for all "left-overs".  The things I wasn't currently using inside, but yet delighted my heart to look at anyway. So, I got to work arranging them in a way that looks pleasing to the eyes.....ours anyway! I must say I am so blessed that Brett truly appreciates my efforts to take thrifted/free/handmade/Hobby Lobby items and turn them into Sara Style. He is quick to compliment me on how nice our house looks.  I store these compliments in my memory!
What a nice way to work on blogging, freezer meal list, or even to relax with Brett for an at-home date night, porch style.
 Don't worry-we didn't rush past Halloween! We went to our church's Trunk or Treat.  Anna was a cat/cheetah, minus her cat ears.  She proudly carried her pumpkin bucket around and even shook her cat tail to some rap music.  What a blast she had!  I delighted in watching her.  Here she's getting to eat a 3 Musketeers....does it get any better?

1 comment:

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.