Spring through my lens

 He is risen, He is risen indeed! 
I'm waking up today with hope in my heart because yesterday we celebrated Easter and our Jesus who lives.  He lives indeed! 

One of the greatest ways I understand God in my everyday life is through the everyday world around me.  Especially the natural world. Ever since I heard Shauna Niequist describe God as the ultimate artist it's just clicked for me.  With each click of my camera I'm not just seeing a pretty photo op, but a stroke of God's paintbrush on the earth.  What colors! What textures! What beauty, layers, growth, light and shadows, and unique things He has made for our eyes to notice. 
I pick up my camera almost daily.  Although the amount I share in this space may ebb and flow, the camera connects my heart to God and the wonder that really does wait for us to find it. 










Looking for the rosy in my routine is a practice and one I work at faithfully. 
I challenge you this spring to find at least one thing a day that catches your attention. 
Somedays I trudge outside and am desperate for something, anything to get my mind off the daily to-do's.  Almost always it's either the girls making me laugh, art, photography, cooking, or the natural world that puts the pep back in my step.  I think the people who appear most naturally cheerful are maybe just the ones who decide a million times a day to look for the rosy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.