...I was here. Another weekly blog post!

Brett asked me tonight if I wanted to be working on my blog and my quick answer was that yes, I did.  It shows that I was here and showed up for the tiny details, even in the midst of a busy season that will last a couple of years at least with grad school.  I really do like snapping photos here and there and gathering them all up in one big, happy bundle and posting them to the blog.  

Here's a look at what has brought me great joy, little joy, and all the happiness in-between the past week or two.
For starters, pink and yellow still stand as my absolute favorite colors.  This paint jar is just so dreamy. I still paint at least a couple of times a week, to put myself back together.  I will love it for life. 

 This time of year is when things are just starting to get a bit colorful again.  The bright green of the moss is always so eye-catching to me! 
 Letting the light pierce the hole of a leaf will never, ever get old.
Always searching for the light, always finding it. 

 Treasures are always waiting to be found underfoot when I take the time to look hard enough.
 Neat! 
 What is it about mushrooms I find so cool/fascinating? I'm not quite sure.  Maybe it's their different shapes and colors and the fact that they seem to pop up just about anywhere.  
 Color!! Besides brown!! 
For this shot I just set the camera down almost entirely on the ground, set the focus to auto focus, and let it be a surprise at what came out after I clicked the camera.  

 We are a water loving family.  Give us a creek, the river, ocean, or lake and we are happy as can be.  I cannot imagine a world without water.
Heart rocks are my jam.

 The stillest, clearest, purest water.
 The girls could have stayed here for hours!
**me too**

 The light is changing this time of year and it makes me want to tear up every single time.
My twin and nephew!
I love them.
 This is my sister's creek.  The photo doesn't even do it justice.  She and her family waited for YEARS to buy a place of their own that included land and their "promised land" has sure paid off.  They have created the most amazing trail down to this creek.  It feels like you're at a national park or something! 
I am beyond happy for her and their family.  I love visiting her place! 

They also have a mini farm that includes chickens, puppies, a cat, and pigs.

 The biggest celebration this time of year is that it stays light until SIX O'CLOCK. 
Hope!!
Hope is here!
Playing around and having fun with art.
Favorite word! 


Of course it makes sense I've ended up a librarian because we go almost every single week and have since the girls were babies! We looooove the library!
Ha!
Current mood. 
I thrifted this mug and dress and thought they matched well. :) 
 Sunday outfit!
Brett usually captures the most UN-flattering photos of me but this one I actually liked. 
A casual outfit that was super comfortable! 
Weekend wear. 
 Another day playing around in my art journal. I combined Anna's art (the background) with mine (the rainbow and heart).
Art journal fun!
Thrifted sweater and turtleneck.
Stripes for days.
Happy mail from Mary!
We are meeting in less than a month!
I am flying to stay with her in Oregon for several days and I cannot wait. 
Favorite clogs and and outfit I liked!
I channeled my inner-Natalie (of Freckled Hen Farmhouse) and wore these big earrings from Grey Dog Boutique.  One of my students asked "why are you wearing those earrings?" in the kindest, most curious way.  I responded "because we get to wear what we like" and she simply said "ok" and smiled.  I love kids!!
I also love my 1984 rainbow mug I thrifted as well.
Another day of work, another outfit I liked! I couldn't tell if I should have tucked this black shirt in but as you can tell from my wet hair, I was running a bit low on time so maybe next time.


 We are learning about stop-motion films in the library and the kids are creating their own. I am obsessed with their art and ideas.  Kids are my favorite!
Save the bees y'all.
Another outfit thrifted.
Date night!
This is what happiness looks like on a weekend.


 As Brett says, "the hold-outs, the ones that won't go." 
The naughty cows that somehow managed to escape getting caught and sold. 
The first sign of spring is here and I think we're going to be ok and make it. 
Friends, we made it through another winter!!
Wooooooohooooooo!

This spring/summer gal is walking on air. 
I couldn't be more excited about camping, gardening, creeks/water, shorts and skirts, dirt road adventures, dinners on the back deck, the sound of frogs, and all that this time of year brings if I tried.

In other news I'm just over here trying to keep up with grad school, work, friends, home life, exercise, and #allthethings.

It's a very unbalanced balance yet I love my job and life and I know this is exactly where God has placed me.  So I just try again day after day! God blesses the journey, one step at a time. 

30 comments:

  1. Spring is showing up here in the Pacific Northwest as well! The crocuses and daffodils are just beginning to bloom as well as some of the flowering trees, but the temps are still dropping to the mid-30s at night. So it's a precarious season for our fruiting trees and shrubs. We don't want them to bloom too early and get damaged by frost.
    It's exciting that you get to visit Oregon! Have you been before? We live just on the border of Washington and Oregon (across the Columbia River from Portland). The Northwest is a special place. I hope you have a great visit with your friend!
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      Well, I didn't respond in time to your lovely comment so I guess you've figured out by now that I didn't get to visit Oregon after all. :( At least not yet! I've never been and was so looking forward to it! Someday!... :)

      Delete

I've got a new blog! Come see. :)

Room for the Rosy  is my new blog. I hope you'll come see.